TotalMed is actively looking for 10 Prior Authorization Pharmacists to work for a nationwide healthcare company in Oklahoma City, OK. Please see below on full job description and details. This is a temporary position, those that cannot commit to the assignment should not apply
Title: Prior Authorization Pharmacists
Duration: 4 months
Hours: M-F 40 hours
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
This position is for a Clinical Pharmacist working in the Prior Authorization unit. This is a call center based business segment and strict work guidelines are employed. The pharmacist’s primary role is reviewing Prior Authorization cases and rendering coverage determinations based on clinical criteria and plan design in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
· Work is computer based and include receiving phone calls from prior authorization pharmacy technicians and/or providers for clinical information
· Consult physicians/providers with questions, interpret clinical guideline criteria, and render/review coverage determination for prior authorization cases
· Consult with pharmacy technicians and/or physicians regarding use of medications and advise of appropriate formulary alternatives when requested.
· Gather complex clinical information, coverage policy and criteria information and work within regulatory guidelines to make coverage determinations
· Organize workload, sets priorities, completes assignments in a timely manner and utilizes resources appropriately while complying with department program standards
· Perform all duties and functions in compliance with state and federal pharmacy laws and regulations
· Conform with and supports department quality assurance and improvement guidelines
· Dedication to build rapport with coworkers, internal customers, and other departments by demonstrating a strong customer service orientation and a continuous positive image.
· Demonstrate ability to maintain productive working relationships with team members, other internal and external customers, and management team.
*Training is for 4 weeks. Training time is 8:00am-5:00pm. Monday- Friday. This training time is subject to change
*Shift after training is an 8 hour shift with an hour lunch. Candidate must be available as early as 5am and as late as midnight.
Candidate will work 5 days a week which may or may not include a weekend day(s).
* There is scheduled Overtime and working on Holidays. Dependent on business needs, candidate could work up to 4 hours a day OT.
*Excellent Attendance is a must