Position: Pharmacy Tech
Location: 800 Biermann Court Ste B Mount Prospect Illinois USA 60056
Hours: Monday-Friday 12:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Notes: Must have IL Tech License or applied for receipt valid and enough time before National Certification needed.
The primary responsibility of a Pharmacy Technician I (Filling Tech) is to accurately, and efficiently fill prescription medications in different rotation areas of the Fulfillment Center utilizing the necessary technologies for each area.
Fill prescription orders accurately and efficiently.
• Fill medication orders accurately and efficiently using the McKesson system.
• Accurate counting of medications utilizing a manual process as well as Kirby counters.
• Assist the pharmacist with scanning and labeling of special program medication orders in the bulk area.
• Review order for special instructions such as safety caps and include appropriate paperwork and supplies with each order.
• Adhere to Pharmacy Tech protocol and sign off that guidelines are understood (yearly) Perform ancillary duties to support all Fulfillment functions.
• Replenish stock and perform cleaning and maintenance for all pill counting equipment.
• Assist in the shipping area when necessary.
• Three months computer experience.
• Six months as a pharmacy technician or in a pharmacy environment, or completion of a pharmacy technician- training program
• Pharmacy technician license based by State pharmacy