This is a temporary position, scheduled to go through the end of March, could extend or convert to a perm position. This is a remote, work from home position, but you must reside in OK.
The essential functions of a pharmacy technician in Prior Authorization are providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. This position exists to take incoming requests for prior authorizations, for formulary and non-formulary medications, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Request can be received via fax or telephone, from providers' offices and pharmacists. The position provides clinical review for authorizations in keeping with legal and contractual requirements, including but not limited to turn around times (TATs) and service level agreements (SLAs). The technician must provide the information clearly, accurately and in a professional manner. Interactions with callers must be documented per contractual and various regulatory / legal requirements.
• Using established criteria and guidelines, the pharmacy technician receives and processes prior authorization requests made by providers and members for medications not inherently covered on a member's prescription drug plan.
• Answer prior authorization inquiry calls or/and faxes as well as research and resolve formulary and benefit issues using the appropriate reference material.
• Resolve issues and complaints in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Handles inbound phone requests and gathers member data to provide information for Pharmacist consultations.
• Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
• Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Shift: 8 hour shift hours "variable TBD" M-F, Saturday and Holidays.
Training time is 8:00am-5:00pm. Monday- Friday. (This training time is subject to change)
Candidate will work 5 days a week which may or may not include a weekend day(s).
Dependent on business needs, there may be required Overtime and Holidays.
Excellent attendance is a must.
• High School Diploma or GED is required
• Associates degree or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience is preferred
• 1 - 3 years of previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician is preferred
• 1 year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems, OR 1 year of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties is preferred.
• 1 to 3 years of PC skills (MS Word, Excel) proficiency is preferred
Why Work Here?
Looking for growth and opportunity apply to work at one of the top healthcare organizations!