Part-Time Experienced Vet Assistant at Total Veterinary Care-Grove City
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 to $14 Hourly
Total Veterinary Care® has an opening for a PART-TIME VET ASSISTANT with at least one year of experience for our busy and growing practice in Grove City, OH.
We are looking for someone who:
- has at least one year of experience
- can demonstrate safe animal restraining, basic vaccine and procedure knowledge, proper equipment cleaning techniques, excellent customer service and education, etc.
- is an attentive, punctual, happy and reliable team player
- takes initiative to help support our technicians and doctors
- loves working with people and animals
- wants to learn and grow in the field/profession
- is able to lift 50 pounds, with assistance
Job responsibilities (not all tasks included):
- Maintain a clean, safe, and professional hospital, following TVC & OSHA guidelines.
- Prepare for each patient’s visit with organization and accuracy.
- Greet customers with superb customer service.
- Educate pet owners about our services and medical expertise.
- Observe technicians work, ask questions, and learn new medical skills.
- Stock all areas of the hospital with clean, new, appropriate supplies.
- Prepare surgical equipment, and pass instruments and materials to veterinarians during surgical procedures.
- Record information relating to animal genealogy, feeding schedules, appearance, behavior, and breeding.
- Write reports, maintain research information, and perform clerical duties.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Collect laboratory specimens such as blood, urine, and feces for testing.
- Dust, spray, or bathe animals to control insect pests.
- Exercise animals, and provide them with companionship.
- Fill medication prescriptions.
- Hold or restrain animals during veterinary procedures.
Monday - Saturday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 pm
Total Veterinary Care-Grove City
AddressGrove City, OH
AnimalView all jobs at Total Veterinary Care-Grove City