Roles & Responsibilities:
· Performs inspections, calibrations, troubleshooting and repairs of fixed fire detection systems, fixed gas detection systems, suppression systems, fire extinguishers, lifesaving equipment and aids-to-navigation. Insure respective system(s) are in good working order as per manufacturer’s specification and in compliance with the most up to date regulatory standards.
· Provide customer and Total Safety with all documentation to satisfy governing authorities in a timely manner.
· Conducts pre-job and post job meeting with customer
· Minimum 3-7 years offshore experience
· Valid driver's license from state of residence or state issued ID and valid proof of vehicle insurance
· Clean driving record
· Reliable transportation
· Current TWIC card
· Current Louisiana State Fire Marshal endorsement in Fire Extinguisher & Hose and Life Safety Apprentice
· Certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment
· Willing to travel to customer sites and available for travel for short and long-term out-of-town and/or offshore projects
· Must submit to and pass a DISA drug and alcohol screening
· Must submit to and pass a DISA background check
· Electronics and/or electrical background
· Understanding of relay logic
· Understanding of series and parallel circuits
· Ability to operate a multi-meter
· Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft excel and word
· Interface with various fire systems through computer
· Ability to read SAFE chart, fire safety plan and schematics
· Ability to research regulatory document for most recent requirements (API, NFPA, CFR, etc.)
· High school diploma or equivalency
· Completed trade school/vocational school in electronics a plus
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).