No Brag, Just Fact!
This attorney will provide legal guidance and support to DaVita's Integrated Kidney Care (DaVita IKC) division on regulatory and compliance-related matters, including, but not limited to, Medicare/Medicare Advantage and Medicaid requirements and reimbursement, federal and state fraud and abuse laws and other health care regulatory laws as such matters arise in the context of outpatient dialysis centers and related businesses. DaVita IKC is a strategic business initiative focused on population health-based programs serving patients through commercial and government payors, accountable care organizations, and health systems. The attorney's primary focus will be advising the Company on issues related to healthcare regulatory and reimbursement laws and regulations, alternative payment arrangements, and transactional matters. DaVita IKC's model of care arrangements include traditional fee-for-service, shared savings, and fully-delegated value-based arrangements. This position requires expertise in communication, strategic and tactical thinking, navigating complex regulations and government policy, contract negotiation, data sharing / patient privacy matters, fraud and abuse laws and regulations, physician compensation arrangements, and a passion for improving care for some of the most vulnerable and medically-compromised patients. DaVita IKC programs operate under the DaVita IKC and VillageHealth brands for VillageHealth DM, LLC and Total Renal Care, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as legal regulatory counsel and strategic partner to the DaVita IKC division, with an emphasis on healthcare laws and regulations.
2. Assist other DaVita regulatory attorneys, compliance teammates, and business clients in identifying and resolving legal/regulatory matters.
3. Advise on compliance with federal and state healthcare industry laws and regulations.
4. Monitor changes in relevant regulatory and reimbursement areas, and provide education and legal counsel to clients and JLD teammates on those changes.
DaVita's well-regarded law department counsels all businesses of the Company and provides legal support for all transactions. The attorneys are viewed as strategic business partners and work closely with each other and with senior management on a daily basis.
The DaVita in-house team is known as the "Justice League of DaVita" or "JLD." The Justice League is comprised of approximately 200 attorneys, paralegals, and professionals. The Justice League values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
- Juris Doctorate degree with a minimum 9 years of legal practice either in healthcare industry.
- Prior legal experience within healthcare industry, either in house or with a law firm.
- At least one State Bar Admission and in good standing.
- Expertise in federal and state regulatory and compliance issues including, without limitation, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and commercial risk arrangements.
- Substantial knowledge of health care fraud and abuse laws and regulations.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage several matters at one time in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of maturity and professionalism.
- Outside counsel management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita's core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun.
- Ability to distill and articulate complex legal concepts into "plain English" that clients can readily understand and apply to their business.
- Work with clients proactively to identify risks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are employed.
- Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise-level objectives.
- Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple constituencies.
- Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the "big picture" as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific business issues.
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Hands on, efficient and proven ability to "Get [a lot of] Stuff Done" with a bias for action and strong sense of ownership.
- A commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Candid and personally secure.
- Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively as development opportunities.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus also part of compensation.
- Standard benefit package for FORTUNE 200 Company.
Employment Type: Full time
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.