Client: Baylor Scott and White
Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Temple, TX
Contract: 12 months to hire
Schedule: Thursday-Friday 2:30pm - 11pm; Saturday-Sunday 6pm-6am
Other requirements: Candidate can not use nicotine products. They will have to perform a drug test that includes a screening for nicotine.
Serves as the critical point of contact for both public and internal (employee, patient, visitor) customers: properly greeting and recording requests. Serves as the link between customers and various hospital departments for problem resolution. Efficiently performs all duties related to directory assistance and documentation and dispatch of work requests utilizing the hospital - designated software(s).
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Utilizes telephony and software systems to accurately identify and greet callers, record requests, document and properly assign work requests for all services supported by the CSC.
- Effectively handles and resolves challenging customer situations through appropriate communication methods. Promptly identifies and escalates challenging situations to appropriate leadership.
- Responds calm and performs effectively during emergent and/or stressful situations.
- Monitors and responds to web and email requests in an efficient manner.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize emergency calls. Successfully passes competency checklists for dispatch of all urgent requests.
- Performs all position-appropriate duties in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service - and ability to work positively and productively as part of a team environment - are basic requirements.
- Expectations listed are intended to describe "essential" functions only and management retains the right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Ability to read and write in the English language.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Ability to comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and other forms of verbal and written communications.
- Ability to be successful in a stressful, fast-paced environment, handling difficult situations and conflict resolution when necessary.
- One year customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience using call center and dispatch software systems preferred.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma / GED