Position is located in Lutherville, MD
Our growing company is seeking a Medical Administrative Coordinator/manager in Appearance clinic at Cancer Center, to help navigate cancer patients through their appearance challenges while living with cancer. A warm smile and caring touch are just a few of the characteristics you must possess. Strong organizational skills, dependability and experience in medical insurance are required to qualify for this position. Due to the diversity this position holds, retail and inventory management is a plus.
- Addressing patient’s needs through scheduling, verifying insurance and follow up appointments.
- Retail experience a plus.
- Gathering the patients demographics and medical records.
- Maintaining excellent patient records and forms.
- Possessing a professional phone manner at all times.
- Knowledge and experience of medical terminology and conditions.
- Three years experience of insurance verification, obtaining authorizations and CMN's.
- Following through on all tasks involving the patients and the responsibilities of the Clinic methodically is an expectation.
- Managing daily response to emails, mail, and day-to-day follow ups.
- Maintaining the appearance, clinic sanitation and product organization will be a top priority.
- The ability to excel in multitasking and learning quickly will guarantee success in this position.
Located within the Johns Hopkins Cancer Center, this position works directly with patients who are dealing with life threatening issues and requires a special type of person who can be sensitive to their needs, sympathetic to their emotions, and enjoys making people feel better about themselves.
Because we focus on image related issues this position requires you to have a professional clean, neat, and attractive appearance. Our goal is to always promote and maintain a healthy, peaceful environment.
- Associates degree or further education.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Medical/Hospital background for 3-5 years is imperative.
- Experience with medical insurance eligibility and coverage.
- Experience working with patients and families under stress.
- Emotional maturity to work with critically ill patients.
- Must be proficient in with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel Word, and other computer functions.
- Proficiency with office equipment including scanner, copier and fax required.
- Professional, team player that maintains a positive and hardworking attitude
- Retail experience a plus
- Own transportation
- A professional appearance is required and expected from our staff at all times.
If you possess these skills and seeking the most rewarding career one could imagine, let us hear from you today.