Our Behavior Intervention Specialists are skilled at understanding student behavior and creating a behavior support plan which facilitates success for the student in the classroom. At TES, you will be a part of the solution, helping us achieve goals that allow all students to learn and thrive.
As a Behavior Intervention Specialist at TES, you will:
- provide direct care to clients in a clinic, school, and/or home setting.
- be responsible for preventing and intervening with clients’ challenging behaviors.
- learn specialized behavior approaches and implement behavioral strategies under the guidance of a case supervisor.
- attend any required training and staff meetings as well as complete all assigned readings.
- support the client using principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- help to improve students' communication skills, social skills, play skills, motor skills, self-help skills, school readiness skills, and self-management skills.
- maintain accurate records through daily documentation of student progress and adherence to prescribed behavior plan.
- work collaboratively with the client’s parent, teacher, and other allied specialists to implement positive interventions.
- travel to and from the client’s school/home as needed.
You will need the following minimum qualifications to be considered:
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 12 units toward a bachelor's degree (preferably in ABA)
- knowledge and experience in ABA treatment methodologies
- able to participate and complete mandatory Safety Care training/QBS training and be able to utilize all aspects of this training within an instructional setting when necessary and adhere to certification guidelines and restrictions
- proficient in the use of modern office technology, equipment, and procedures including Microsoft Office, Adobe, basic email, internet, and be able to learn and adapt to new systems and software
- must clear a current background check through the FBI and DOJ
Total Education Solutions
Why Work Here?Total Education Solutions (TES) is a leading national provider of outsourced special education and therapeutic services to public, private, and charter schools as well as healthcare organizations throughout California, Michigan, and Ohio. Our professional, multi-disciplinary staff delivers therapeutic services in our family-centered clinics, in schools, at home, and on-line. We also provide a variety of support and management services to the non-profit Institute for the Redesign of Learning.
Total Education Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of rac