Outside Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Total Court Services (TCS) is the Midwest’s leading Service Provider of the full continuum of electronic & alcohol monitoring, substance abuse testing and client management strategies for courts and agencies of all sizes. Using customizable service levels to best pair with our partner entities, TCS strives daily to achieve our mission of increasing community safety, improving efficiencies within our partner entities and propelling our served clients past their time within community supervision programs.
The Outside Sales Representative is primarily responsible for generating new opportunities for new business and growing existing business within already established court and agency partners. Using multiple mediums of communication including phone, email, and especially in-person visits, the Outside Sales Representative cultivates relationships with directly supported agencies operating their own programs and referral source courts in an effort to educate agency and court staff as to the value and service level that TCS provides. Provided a great deal of autonomy, the RSM is expected to craft sales and marketing plans, take ownership of their territory, and create and grow grassroots programs—sometimes providing the initial labor—until they are self-sustaining or growth warrants additional team members. This position requires an entrepreneurial spirit to take ownership of the territory and do what it takes to grow the footprint of TCS. There is a great deal of whitespace included in the territory which gives the position a great deal of net new opportunities.
This is a great growth opportunity for community servers with excellent benefits.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Regional marketing efforts designed specifically for the Outside Sales Representative geography.
- Provide feedback to VP of Sales & Marketing as to what is needed in the field for specific regional targeting for marketing efforts.
- Regular and proactive communication and visits with established accounts to maintain relationships, answer questions and provide necessary and timely feedback to VP of Sales & Marketing.
- Review account inventory levels of products and consumables, coordinate with the Operations Department as to needs for product, and determine operationally necessary inventory levels.
- Deliver compliance and statistical data to existing accounts quarterly and annually and drive those metrics to improve program efficiency and community safety.
- Contacting city, county and/or state procurement and purchasing departments in territory to perform public records requests to build contracts database.
- Plan for and participate in trade shows and conferences pertinent to our industry throughout the territory, including overlapping territories and national conferences.
- Maintain contact databases of existing accounts and potential business opportunities and target those contacts in the varying steps during the sales and post-close processes.
- Ensure all outward facing materials for marketing and presentations are properly branded to ensure consistency with our company’s branding guidelines.
- Update sales CRM system with current information, and project and pipeline potential new and growth of business using our defined sales process.
- Provide on-site and off-site equipment installation, removal and maintenance in newly established and growing accounts until additional operations and field team can be supported.
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Strong organizational skills with a deep attention to detail
- Must be able to reprioritize immediately as needs change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously after receiving direction from VP of Sales
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Strong technical and software skills
- Ability to articulate processes to varying levels of understanding
- Outgoing, friendly, reliable
Education, Training & Experience
- Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of sales or account management
- Experience in criminal justice or government sales processes strongly preferred
- Experience in alcohol testing, drug testing, ignition interlock, and electronic monitoring strongly preferred
Location, Hours & Compensation:
This position is based in Southeast Michigan, however, the territory covers 13 counties in Michigan as well as a number of counties in Northwest Ohio. Ideally the candidate should live in (or be willing to move to) the following geographic areas: Detroit metro area, Ann Arbor, MI, Toledo metro area.
This is a full time, salaried position. The projected minimum hours are from 8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. Additionally, and though not required, all current Regional Sales Managers are available to their accounts during off hours including weekends, and minimum hours listed are a guide as the RSM is excepted to work and travel the necessary hours to accomplish their tasks and meet projections.
In addition to base salary which is commensurate on experience (government sales) and performance in interview presentation, the RSMs have opportunity to earn monthly commission based on territory growth as well as quarterly objective bonuses that are designed to aid in the growth of the territory. Outside Sales Representative are not targeted nor carry a defined quota and as such there is no cap on commissionable revenue.
We provide laptop, cellular, Wi-Fi, fuel expenses and more!
Doing business primarily throughout the Midwest and in more than 300 jurisdictions, we have worked diligently to understand the needs of each court, corrections program and agency with whom we service. We serve our agency customers and our individual clients by offering dozens of servicing locations, working directly out of certain government buildings, working with agencies to run their own programs and providing mobile technicians who can visit clients at home, work, school or any other safe and accessible location authorized by the monitoring authority.
TCS is a market leader with strong year over year growth, focused on significant expansion, and poised to increase revenue with best in class products in all of our offered verticals.
Total Court ServicesWhy Work Here?
We believe in growing from within and providing a great deal of autonomy to our field operations team, lending to terrific work/life balance
Total Court Services actively serves more than 11,000 clients on a daily basis in one of our many programs. With experience that spans over 20 years, we have served more than 75,000 clients, have performed more than 125 million alcohol tests and collected over 3 billion location data points. Doing business primarily throughout the Midwest and in more than 300 jurisdictions, we have worked diligently to understand the needs of each court, corrections program and agency with whom we service. We serve our agency customers and our individual clients by offering dozens of servicing locations, working directly out of certain government buildings, working with agencies to run their own programs and providing mobile technicians who can visit clients at home, work, school or any other safe and accessible location authorized by the monitoring authority. TCS is a market leader with strong year over year growth, focused on significant expansion, and poised to increase revenue with best in class products in all of our offered verticals.