- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is seeking talented, innovative individuals to join their team and make history as they build the first free-flying commercial low-Earth orbit space station.
Their cutting-edge endeavor will be a continuously crewed, free-flying, multifunctional space station dedicated to conducting advanced research and fostering industrial activity.
Chosen team members will become an integral part of the history books, as they help design, construct and launch the station.
They looking for creative problem-solvers with a drive to push the boundaries of space exploration.
If you’re passionate about making history, join their team and help them build the first free-flying commercial low-Earth orbit space station. Together, you can make a lasting impact on the future of space exploration.
What Is In It For You
Salary: competitive salary
Position Type: Permanent - Full-time
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, Vacation Pay, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay, 401(k)
Job Description of a Systems Engineer
Performs systems engineering processes across entire space system lifecycles by leading an integrated multidisciplinary team through concept development and selection, requirements definition, system architecture definition, analysis, integration, verification, and validation leading to mission operations and system disposal. Supports development and continual refinement of organization systems engineering processes. Leading milestone reviews and presenting to internal and external stakeholders is expected.
Essential Duties of The Systems Engineer
- Manage and maintain stakeholder needs and transform the integrated set of needs to design input requirements with a multidisciplinary team.
- Experienced in identifying interface requirements and control of interactions across system and subsystem boundaries.
- Ability to lead the technical team in the development of verification and validation plans and test execution.
- Ability to develop and review integrated system architecture utilizing trade studies to enable system design decision-making.
- Awareness of the systems engineering processes to transition the system and operate the system in the operational and support environment.
- Experience with utilizing digital requirement management tools to define, trace and integrate system requirements across system lifecycles and variant systems and product lines.
- Experience with system modeling and analysis to support technical understanding and decision-making.
- Ability to understand external and internal systems as it relates to the project.
- Facilitate across various stakeholders to achieve integration of both technical and program objectives.
- Ability to monitor and control processes to ensure coordination of design changes and associated impacts across subsystems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team while maintaining communication with the project leader of project status.
- Capability to manage risk/opportunity across the programs/projects.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other relevant fields.
- 7+ years of Systems Engineering experience; Must have a minimum of 5 years in space systems.
- Proven track record managing multiple projects.
- Must communicate well and work with the various teams internally and externally.
- Ability to prepare written technical documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Experience with Jama Connect or similar digital requirements management tools.
- Knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering methods and experience in system modeling and simulation using Cameo/MagicDraw/Catia Magic or other SysML tools.
- Experience with managing aerospace system lifecycle development including multiple product lines and system variants.
- Experience with operating integrated space flight and ground systems.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification and/or Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering.
If you are interested in the Systems Engineer job in Houston, TX, apply today!
This vacancy is being advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC. The services advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC are those of an Employment Agency
Total Aviation Staffing, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Total Aviation Staffing, LLC
Get fresh Innovation Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.