- Posted: over a month ago
Are you interested in working for a company that has a strong foothold in both the defense and commercial aerospace sectors?
Our client’s customers include some of the world’s leading aerospace original equipment manufacturers.
They’re currently looking for an experience Project Engineer to join their team.
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: Up to 90k, 7% bonus target
Benefits: Medical coverage, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance policies, Retirement planning, Paid time off, Paid vacation time, Paid sick leave
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Project Engineer you will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. You will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and show your ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide mechanical engineering leadership to product design, manufacturing process and capital equipment development
- Assist the NPI technical lead on new product introductions
- Work with engineering & manufacturing teams to improve processes
- Take ownership of production, assembly, tooling, test & calibration where required
- Develop Work Instructions and/or Setup Instructions to aid in the manufacturing of parts. These instructions will be generated either during the manufacturing process development phase or post development as required
- Assure design and process meets the needs of the overall business strategy and production needs
- Support equipment upgrades from purchase through installation
- Prepares and maintains project plans, to ensure that all action item lists are completed, and project quality expectations are met.
- Estimates costs, resources, and time required to complete projects to ensure business targets are met.
- Gathers and analyzes data to monitor projects' progress in terms of cost, schedule and technical specifications to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
- Prepares and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to ensure that established targets are met.
- Identifies and escalates project problems and supports resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Manage project assignments with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and cell/line management.
- Reviews project and budget status manages schedules and prepares reports.
- Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, goals and objectives.
- Represents Northstar as the primary customer contact for projects.
- Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
- Effectively drive cross-functional teams (technology, sourcing, manufacturing, vendors, etc.) to solve product / process issues impacting product or delivery performance
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe work environment
- Lead high impact process and quality improvement projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Process Design
- Follow LEAN principles to define critical requirements, design processes and/or lead design team to define manufacturing specs, completing process qualification and demonstrate required capability
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILSS REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED
- Education Required: BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- Experience Required: Minimum of 3 years of industry experience, preferable in aerospace
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills are required. Microsoft Office products used on a daily basis
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound independent judgment on matters of importance to our clients operations
- Ability to work as part of a team with little or no supervision
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to use CAD to design fixtures and in process drawings, Unigraphics preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge in machining is preferred
- Experience in two or more of the following areas is desired: turning, milling, grinding, assembly, paint, heat treat and plating processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds
Total Aviation Staffing, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Total Aviation Staffing, LLC