Production CNC Machine Shop Supervisor
- Posted: 22 days ago
- $90,000 Yearly
If you believe quality is a way of life, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Machine Shop Supervisor job in Albany, GA.
You’ll help feed and protect the world by building something truly great—from industry-leading agricultural aircraft to the skills and experience that will help your career take off.
You’ll have a chance to learn an entire business and not be a cog in a big company machine.
You’ll be involved in the entire process of building an aircraft – from raw material to flight testing.
Salary-$75-90K per year
Other – salaried role, 10% bonus plan
As a Production Machine Shop Supervisor you would be expected to oversee the companies production operations. You will guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows.
In a fast-paced environment like production, the supervisor is an integral part of the manufacturing process. They must be competent and comprehend complex operations. You should also be able to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing the costs.
The goal is to ensure that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
Essential Job Functions for the Production Machine Shop Supervisor job in Albany, GA:
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards.
- Enforce company policies and guidelines.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, developing personal growth opportunities.
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Implement cost-saving strategies and techniques.
- Contact appropriate sources for repair issues.
- Counsel employees on how to achieve an optimal output or workflow.
- Communicate with and assists other manufacturing departments as needed.
- Evaluate the condition of production equipment.
- Ensure employees are clocking production orders and confirming completeness in a timely manner.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accountable for the departments KPI and other performance metrics.
- Operate computer-controlled tools, machines, or robots to machine or process parts, tools, or other work pieces
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Proven ability to create complex setups, programs, and operations for various mills and lathes.
Skills and Abilities
- Mastercam X++
- SolidWorks 2013+
- Vericut 7.4+
- Scripting language
- Fusion 360
- Excellent coaching and communication skills
- Broad knowledge of production planning processes
- Strategic planning skills
- Able to deal with complex issues in a fast-paced setting
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Ability to plan, staff, and lead the department to achieve department goals
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
Education and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience as Production Supervisor or similar role (Lead Machinist)
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, lean manufacturing, and shop efficiency
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field a plus
This vacancy is being advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC. The services advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC are those of an Employment Agency
Total Aviation Staffing, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Total Aviation Staffing, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?