- $28 to $31 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug health plan
- 401(k) plan with company-matched contributions
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Interline discounts on travel and freight
- Tuition Assistance
- Fitness Benefits
As the Avionic Technician, you will perform avionics maintenance on aircraft and conduct operational testing and troubleshooting of electrical and avionics systems and component parts installed in aircraft. You will also utilize deep knowledge of advanced electrical equipment and system diagnostics.
- Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems.
- Locates and disassembles electrical parts and assemblies to facilitate testing.
- Attaches fittings, clamps, lines, and hoses to test equipment, pressure or vacuum test cart, and equipment to system components to be tested.
- Communicates with other workers during system checkout with a radio headset or other communication device.
- Interprets and analyzes test results to diagnose malfunctions.
- Adjusts, replaces, or repairs defective components, or documents rework to be completed by others.
- Records operational test and rework information.
- Fabricates test aids as required.
- Checks accuracy (calibration) of navigation equipment.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Checks the functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Be reliable and maintain regular attendance/punctuality
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Graduate of an approved/accredited avionics school or two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe rating or a Repairman Certificate
- Requires FCC General Radiotelephone Operator’s License
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug test, and background check, and receive clearance from TSA for operation in secure areas.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as FAA regulations, safety rules, manufacturer
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the Maintenance Department and with other stakeholders as needed.
- Most work is performed in the maintenance hangar or outdoor airline ramp.
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions (cold and heat), wet surfaces, and icy conditions.
- Will be working around stationary and moving aircraft and aircraft ground equipment
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required
- The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or tools.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms (full range of motion); climb or balance; stoop, kneel; crouch, or crawl.
- May be required to work in confined spaces for extended periods
- The employee must have the ability to climb and stand on ladders for up to two hours.
- The employee will need to see, speak and hear.
Total Aviation Staffing, LLCPortland, OR
TravelView All Total Aviation Staffing, LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.