A&P Mechanic - Aircraft Mechanic
- $25 to $33 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Do you want to be a part of a team of aviation innovators who are helping change the industry landscape?
Our client offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled growth and professional development opportunities. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of the company. They are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and everyone is valued and respected.
Their employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable daily operations for the thousands of customers the company trusts. The company has an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who operate more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of the company. Our immense growth provides several opportunities to join our team.
They are currently recruiting for an A&P Mechanic job in Cincinnati, OH.
What Is In It For You
Hourly Salary: $25.10 (For all locations except in Cincinnati, OH - $27.10)
Position Type: Permanent - Full-time
Schedule: 3rd shift - Night shift (4 days)10 hrs - 3 days off
- Relocation bonus - Up to $7,500
- Experience Bonuses
-0-2 years = $7,500
-2-3 years = $10,00
-3 or more = $12,500
- Travel privileges
- A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k with company match
- Profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
- Paid training
- Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
A Day In The Life of an A&P Mechanic
The position you are applying for requires you to be an impact of the company’s business growth by conducting aviation repairs and services that allow for operations to be on time. By executing maintenance procedures in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations and company standards, you are ensuring safe and reliable flights.
Essential Duties of The A&P Mechanic
- Will perform tasks necessary to comply with Federal Aviation Regulations and accept the responsibility for work performed by themselves and/or in conjunction with others and sign for same on the Company's approved forms.
- Keep work areas clean. Return all equipment and tools to assigned areas. A&P Technicians will report all inoperative or faulty equipment to the Maintenance Supervisor or Lead Mechanic in charge.
- Work will consist of and include any and all phases of repair and maintenance of aircraft with the aid of the employee's own tools, specialty tools provided by the Company, the use of test equipment, and Company-supplied technical manuals.
- In certain cases, and A&P Technician may be authorized to perform required inspection items and assist in Company training programs.
- Will at the commencement of each repair or inspection initiate the proper documentation. Parts tags will include a complete description of the discrepancy on all removed parts. Determine if the work to be performed is a Required Inspection Item.
- Verifying, through proper documentation, that any part installed on any aircraft or component is approved for that aircraft or component and has been visually inspected and is free of damage or contamination.
- Assure that hangar workshops and other areas assigned are maintained in an orderly manner.
- Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor through the Lead Mechanic.
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid, state-issued Driver's License.
- Capable of using respirators and other personal protective equipment including eye and hearing protection.
- Must possess or have ability to obtain a U.S. Passport or equivalent within 90 days of starting position.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the US.
- Previous experience with CRJs
- To be successful for the company, you should be:
- Engaging Communicator
- Results Driven
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: Our client is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in the A&P Mechanic job in Cincinnati, OH, apply today!
This vacancy is being advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC. The services advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC are those of an Employment Agency
Total Aviation Staffing, LLCDetroit, MI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.