Assistant Chief Flight Instructor
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
Do you want to be a part of a team of aviation innovators helping change the industry landscape?
Our client is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses. As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university globally, our client is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, they evolved with the industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. They offer programs in seven fields of study, including Applied Science, Aviation, Business, Computers and Technology, Engineering, Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space. They recognize the value of diversity and are dedicated to fostering a positive climate in which all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged in their professional, social, and intellectual pursuits.
They are currently recruiting for an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor in Daytona Beach, FL.
What Is In It For You
Salary: Highly competitive
Position Type: Permanent - Full-time
Benefits: Health insurance, life insurance, paid time off, professional development, and relocation assistance
A Day In The Life of an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor
As an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor, you will be responsible for the overall administration of flight training, including training safety, quality of training, and student service. You will also Individually manage all aspects of flight training for 25 Instructor Pilots and be responsible for the welfare of approximately 250 flight students.
Essential Duties of The Assistant Chief Flight Instructor
Provide Management of assets and job functions of all assigned personnel.
- Ensure the appropriate workload of assigned instructor pilots is maintained
- Student Assignment
- Student Tracking (Tracking student training progress)
- Conduct weekly meetings with teams to coordinate flight operations and enhance Flight Department effectiveness.
- Communicate changes in policy and procedures
- Scheduling student and Instructor training events
Provide quality flight training and ensure normal progress of assigned students while promoting the initiatives of the university’s safety culture through mentoring and management techniques.
Review, modify, and assist in the completion of required paperwork:
- Progress Checks
- Course Completes
- Extra Training
- Performance Evaluations
Promote the institution's Care and Customer Satisfaction programs by:
- Counseling Students and Instructor Pilots as needed by regularly communicating with students about training progress
- Developing and implementing a plan of action if needed
- Monitoring student progress to ensure minimum standards are met
- Fall Orientation
Ensure compliance with University Policy and FAA Regulations:
- Verify compliance with Part 141 and Part 142 regulations and Training Course Outlines
- Notify the Chief Flight Instructor on any deviations to Training Course Outlines before any deviation.
- Verify instructor pilots are conducting training during assigned days and times
- Timely completion of required paperwork
Ensure the quality of training is maintained by:
- Administering assigned phase checks
- Conducting performance evaluations for FT IPs
Communicate with the appropriate personnel:
- Weekly Reports
- Weekly meetings
Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory responsibilities include responsible for assistant training manager(s), flight instructors, student assistants, and flight students assigned to the Assistant Chief Flight Instructor’s team.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years related experience preferred
Required licenses, certificates, and /or security clearances
- FAA Certificated Flight Instructor/Instrument CFI, CFII Airplane, Single Engine Land (Multi-engine Land preferred)
- 500 hours of dual instruction given
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Analytical skills with proficiency using Microsoft products including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet.
- Management, organizational, public relations, technical, and problem-solving skills required.
If you are interested in the Assistant Chief Flight Instructor job in Daytona Beach, FL, apply today!
This vacancy is being advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC. The services advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC are those of an Employment Agency.
Total Aerospace ServicesJacksonville, AR
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.