*If you would like to attach a resume to your application, you must do so at the time the application is submitted*
The Torchy's legacy began in Austin, Texas in 2006 with an idea, a dedicated executive chef and a food trailer to now operating in dozens of locations across multiple states. OUR MISSION: Be Damn Good. OUR VISION: Serve people the best damn tacos. OUR WHY: Passion. OUR MOTTO: Devil is in the details.
We are looking for a Managing Partner (Restaurant GM) that has the desire to make a difference in people’s lives and wants to be a business partner with a great growth company. This person has a passion for selecting, training and developing their team and is driven by the opportunity to invest in their future to create wealth for their family and their community. Someone that just wants to be Damn Good!
What you’ll be doing:
- Building strong teams by networking, sourcing, interviewing, and hiring Managers and Team Members
- Responsible for the successful and profitable operations of a restaurant
- Directing Management Team, including setting weekly Management schedules and assigning areas of responsibility to the Managers of the restaurant
- Planning, preparing, and overseeing weekly, monthly and yearly inventories and budgets
- Managing weekly and monthly P&L
- Verifying training standards are being maintained
- Overseeing the cleanliness of the restaurant
- Consistently developing Team Members and Managers including training in employment policies and practices
- Understanding, managing, and practicing safe food handling procedures
- Acting as primary liaison with all store vendors and HQ contacts
- Attending weekly and quarterly regional meetings
QUE-SO…here’s what you’ll need:
- Tenacity. Seeks out growth, both personal and professional. Hungry for improvement, and a passion that drives results.
- Originality. Innovative; inspire creativity and embrace individuality. Don’t be afraid to take a chance, and above all, be yourself and have fun.
- Respect. Work with a passion every day but remember to show respect and humility. Have a servant attitude and remember the golden Taco Rule: Be awesome to everyone.
- Community. We are a family that exemplifies inclusiveness, collaboration, and camaraderie, and through that, we help foster long-lasting relationships that extend beyond our four walls. We strive to be open and honest with each other and our guests. We consider the impact on others in everything we do and hope to make taco dreams come true.
- Honor. Our guests are our lifeline and our friends. We exist to bring happiness into their lives, and we deliver genuine and meaningful experiences. A Torchy’s Tacos Team Member works with integrity and trust, and they should feel empowered to always do the right thing.
Requirements of a Managing Partner:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as General Manager or above
- Willingness to make a minimum 3-year commitment to their home store
- Must have the ability to put forth a personal financial investment
- Full Casual Dining experience, a plus
- Hands-on experience in all facets of FOH and BOH
- Previous exposure to a scratch kitchen, a BIG advantage
- Bilingual, a plus
- Must be able to use to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects up to 40 pounds
- Must be willing to stand for several hours and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach for objects on shelves at various height levels
Let’s TACO ‘bout perks:
- Opportunity as an entrepreneurial owner/operator
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Eligibility
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Torchy’s swag
- Discounts on DAMN GOOD food and merchandise
- Personal development opportunities
- Fun company parties
- Badass co-workers