*If you would like to attach a resume to your application, you must do so at the time the application is submitted*
The Torchy's legacy began in Austin, Texas in 2006 with an idea, a dedicated executive chef and a food trailer. Today, Torchy's Tacos operates dozens of locations across multiple states, all with the determination to deliver on our "Damn Good" food promise. The Torchy's Family prides itself on talent, diversity, and one hell of a work ethic.
Purpose of Position:
The Grill Cook prepares quality and consistent food using Torchy’s recipes and procedures, while maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Cooks meats and eggs per customer orders in the same sequence as they are ordered
- Verifies tickets, keep grill clean while working, line sweeps
- Produce line prep items as listed on the prep sheet, records yield of each recipe
- Properly labels, dates and fills pans correctly for all produced food items
- Properly sets up station according to diagram with appropriate backups to get through their shift.
- Properly breaks down station and cleans for the next shift, restocks if necessary
- Practices proper food safety and HACCP techniques, FIFO
- Communicates with fellow staff members to ensure quality product and ticket times.
- Follows all Torchy’s recipes and procedures
- Preparation of other items as requested by management
- Keeps kitchen clean and organized including the walk-in
- Details kitchen equipment daily
- Clear understanding of the recipe bible and how to care for it
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment to include: fryer, char grill, and flat top
- Holds current food safety certification for city
- Basic knife safety
- Basic math skills
- Basic reading skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be 18 years of age