- Posted: October 14, 2022
The Systems Administrator develops, runs tests on, implements, administers, and maintains operating systems and related software on both cloud and on-premises environments. Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
Major Job Activities:
- Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Recommends hardware and software upgrades according to growth statistics and disk space forecasts.
- Schedules, plans, and performs system upgrades, including coordinating the transition from test to production environments.
- Works with external teams for complex problems and acts as a technical liaison to management
- Schedules tasks using software support tools and scripts.
- Configures hardware, such as workstations, printers, servers, and tape devices. Provides technical support for system users.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical degree (Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent) and 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Desired certifications RHCSA, Linux + or LPIC-1, Network+, or CCNA, Security +
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Linux.
- Working technical knowledge of On Prem, Cloud, and Hybrid operating environments.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data management.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of Gitlab administration or azure devops recommended.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Support experience with Windows 10, 11, MAC OS, AWS, GCP or Azure
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls, Active Directory. (Network theory, OSI model, Cloud Networking designs DNS, DHCP, Routing protocols)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, AWS EKS, AWS Cloud-Formation
- Ability to take a problem and turn it into a solution with minimal oversight
- Ability to read, develop, and troubleshoot terraform, and bash scripts
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?