PLC Controls Engineer
With a passion for leveraging best of class automation, our Torani Controls Engineer ensures all shop floor technology in our Flavor Factory is fine-tuned and functioning optimally. You excite and energize the organization demonstrating how shop floor equipment and controls, when properly integrated with enterprise business systems, help reduce frustration, eliminate errors and drive out waste.
As the subject matter expert you’re responsible for maintaining, documenting, and troubleshooting all PLC controls and SCADA systems in the plant. You’ve a reputation and are recognized for impeccable internal customer service while working in partnership and collaborating frequently with the rest of the Flavor Operations and key support teams (Maintenance, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and IT).
SUCCESS FACTORS (first 12-18 months)
· Flavor Operations Performance Support. As a trusted Engineering partner within Flavor Operations, you provide ongoing support that keeps automated shop floor process and packaging systems operating optimally. You utilize proven trouble shooting skills to evaluate and address line upset conditions created by PLC and HMI server system control issues. You monitor equipment and systems performance, respond quickly across the facility to minimize downtime and ensure continuous production. When failures occur, you perform root cause analysis and ensure long term corrective action is taken to prevent recurrence.
· Controls and Automation Subject Matter Expert. Tapping into your extensive knowledge and working diligently with vendors and contractors, you ensure accurate and complete documentation is accessible for existing and new installations for electrical systems, motor controls, PLC programs and HMIs. You continually update training materials for maintenance technicians and operators. You are a key resource to ensure that all planned and completed electrical work conforms to local building codes and industry standards.
· Asset Maintenance and Sustainability. You develop and deploy effective preventative and predictive maintenance processes and procedures that optimize performance and prolong asset life. You work with key stakeholders in Flavor Operations to ensure appropriate time and attention goes into organizing, inspecting, and cleaning practices.
· Integration Guru. You are able to understand and interpret key Flavor Operations business requirements while working with the team to plan, design, and deploy middle ware that links the production shop floor to the enterprise systems (Oracle). You assist in planning, designing and managing projects that achieve technical and operational objectives. You have proven a solid understanding of Allen Bradley RX Logix series PLCs, Allen Bradley HMIs, Factory Talk Services Platform, Servo-motors, VFD's (AB, Danfoss, etc.).
· Continuous Process Improvement. You collaborate with cross-functional departments including QA, R&D, Marketing, IT and Finance to ensure planned improvements are aligned with the Torani organization goals and objectives. You are committed to continuously improving plant software and hardware to minimize downtime on equipment.
· Have Fun!
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field.
· One to four years hands on experience designing, programming, installing, de-bugging and maintaining PLC based control systems.
· Experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix PLCs and Rockwell MES preferred.
· Good written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to set priorities and to be self-disciplined and consistent.
· Fluent in AB PLC programming as well as Rockwell Factory Talk tools.
· Ability to develop and implement action steps and follow-through with the people responsible for them.
· Computer literacy in MS Office, programming software for Allen Bradley, Rockwell Factory Talk.
· Ability to develop and implement process improvement solutions.
· Lives in SF Bay area, or willing to relocate at your own expense
· Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (now & in the future)
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Fluent in written and verbal English