Topel Forman Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
As an Audit Supervisor, you will be providing high-level client service, assisting, and managing all types of assurance engagements to clients within the investment partnership and private equity, broker/dealers, manufacturing and distribution, real estate technology, and professional service companies industries. You will be rewarded with the opportunity to both develop professionally and increase the firm's reputation. As an Audit Supervisor, you will be developing and training associates and in-charge senior associates.
- Ability to manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing financial statement engagements and managing engagement budget.
- Build and maintain client relationships and manage all aspects of the client engagement process.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on the audit process.
- Identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- Researching, reviewing, and analyzing various new audit and accounting standards and communicating to team members and or clients.
- Provide relevant feedback to associates and senior associates on engagements for critical review items and performance-related matters.
- Assist partners and managers on proposals and business development calls.
- Continue professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- BS/BA in Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 or more years of progressive audit experience with a public accounting firm.
- Familiarity with and experience in the application of U.S. GAAP and GAAS to financial statement engagements.
- A passionate learner who welcomes opportunities to be stretched.
- An entrepreneurial point of view in the Auditor role.
- An energized professional seeking greater responsibility and more autonomy with clients.
- Excellent project management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Dedication to providing superior client service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- The collaborative drive to contribute to a dynamic team environment as a true team player.
- Experience in personal and entity income taxation preferred but not required
- Experience in at least one of the following industries is highly preferred: investment partnerships and private equity; broker/dealers; manufacturing and distribution, or real estate
- CPA certification is in-hand or eligible to sit for the exam.
Topel Forman is a leading certified public accounting firm in the Midwest and the Denver region providing a wide range of attest, accounting, tax, advisory, and consulting services to individuals, professionals, closely-held and family-owned businesses and corporations. At Topel Forman, you'll find the high level of talent and expertise you'd expect from a larger firm, but with the accessibility and collaboration that are usually only available at a smaller organization. You can expect to work directly with clients, senior-level management, and partners with knowledge of various disciplines. A proactive, hands-on approach to our clients allows you to grow in your expertise and advance in your career. For more information on Topel Forman, please visit our website at www.topelforman.com.
- Competitive salary with the range of $75,000 to $140,000, with annual merit increases
- Annual discretionary bonus eligibility
- 35-hour workweek during non-busy season
- To learn more about our firm and benefit offerings, please visit our careers page.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Topel Forman