This is a job opportunity from Toptutorjob. We are looking for English Teachers in China for one of our clients.
Working Hours: Wednesday to Friday 1pm-8pm, Saturday to Sunday 9am-6pm.
This individual will be primarily a professional teacher who delivers and manages high quality and engaging lessons across the Athena curriculum.
This individual will also be expected to engage with a professional, collaborative culture of personal and departmental responsibility and ongoing improvement and growth.
- Uphold the highest standards of professional behaviour, communication, attitude and appearance as per the Athena Employee Handbook.
- Set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge students.
- Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives while applying Athena teaching approaches.
- Effectively deploy a range of strategies to manage and develop the classroom environment to create a welcoming, open, effective and positive learning environment.
- Differentiate class instruction, activities and resources in order to maximise learning opportunities for all learners.
- Apply appropriate forms of assessment to monitor student progress.
- Provide timely and effective student feedback.
- Update, maintain and submit a record of attendance, assessment and lesson planning using Athena course files.
- Write student reports and participate in teacher-parent meetings as per Athena Guidelines.
- Conduct student screeners and placement as per Athena guidelines.
- Attend and positively contribute questions, solutions and updates to weekly center staff meeting.
- Share teaching resources with colleagues at all Athena centers.
- Actively participate in professional development, including training workshops and peer observations while implementing suggestions for improvement.
- Engage reflectively and positively with the routine and ongoing teacher appraisal process.
- Support the Center Manager and Center Head Teacher/Associate Head Teacher with marketing events.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience related to the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses OR a well-recognised TEFL/TESOL qualification (120 hours+).
- Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. Preference currently given to candidates with a scientific or technical background.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of good classroom practice and key principles of child learning.
- Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals and small groups at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
- Basic Salary: 17k-20k/per month
- 10 days paid annual leave
- House stipend: 2k-4K/ per month
- Flight ticket reimbursement 6K
- Annual bonus provided （up to 1 month salary）
- Medical insurance & Medical check provided
- Work Visa Assistance