Tool and Die Maker
TopGun Staffing Inc Hillsdale, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Top Gun Staffing is working with a manufacturer in the Hillsdale County MI area to fill Direct hire Tool Makers.
2nd and 3rd shift $27-30+ an hr. w/ shift differential.
Relocation either 30 day hotel or "maybe" $2500 bonus after 90 Days.
• Maintain physical plant and equipment to ensure 100% production up-time.
• Maintain, PM and build robust tooling for equipment.
• Safety of all manufacturing equipment and facilities in the plant Required Qualifications:
• Tool & Die Maker certificate and/or equivalent 5 years of related work experience or equivalent
• Good English Communication Skills (oral and written)
• Thorough knowledge of blue print reading and interpretation
• Thorough knowledge of operating tool room and production equipment's (grinding, milling, lathe)
• Possess good mathematical and mechanical aptitude
• Knowledge of GD+T
• Excellent trouble shooting for dies, cutting tools, (end forming, crimping and bending an asset) Critical Success Factors:
• Excellent attendance
• Must be willing to work flexible shifts and hours
• Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
• Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and team leader
• Support and contribute to the Quality Systems and Environmental Systems Requirements
• Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
• Support Quality Systems and Environmental Management Systems Requirements
• Ability to utilize problem solving techniques
• Respecting and understanding of the Customer / Supplier relationship
• Develop dies, tools and processes as required
• To build replacement tools and dies for production use as required or internally capable
• Provide assistance, guidance and advice to Junior Tool & Die Makers and Apprentices as required
• Liaise with internal departments for design input, fabrication and modifications to tools and dies
• Ensure timely completion of repairs, new dies, tooling, fixtures etc as required so production is not interrupted
• Ensure preventative maintenance program are done on tools and dies based on assigned schedules
• Trouble shooting of tools and record keeping of tool development and troubleshooting • Follow MCPC when working on production concerns, complete paperwork to close protocols.
• Follow all lock out/tag out procedures as required
• Responsible to maintain good housekeeping on work area and die parts at all times
• Follow company policies on Health, Safety & Environment and PPE requirements
• Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job
TopGun Staffing Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at TopGun Staffing Inc