From construction to agriculture we are transforming the way companies are doing business. We are headquartered in Livermore, California USA with our European head offices in Capelle a/d iJssel, the Netherlands (topconpositioning.eu) Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. Its brands include Topcon Sokkia, Tierra, Digi-Star, RDS Technology and NORAC.
See how we are changing things: https://www.youtube.com/user/TopconToday
The Quality Control Inspector - Maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products and recording quality results.
- Inspects incoming materials utilizing independent judgement and knowledge to confirm product meets drawing, specifications requirements; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Inspects in-process production utilizing independent judgement and knowledge to confirm specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Inspects finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Accurately document the results of inspections and testing by completing reports and logs; re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action to supervisor
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Improves job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Excellent overall understanding of mechanical and electrical manufacturing methods and results (machining, welding, forming, assembly and electrical wiring)
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all departments
- Work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- CMM experience desirable (PC DIMAS software) MRP / ERP / SAP experience a must
- Maintain inventory accuracy and cycle counts of MRB, RTV
- Mechanical measurement tools such as calipers, depth and pin gauges
- Able to use Microscope and Digital Multi MeterGood eye for detail
- Familiar with IPC-A-610 desirable
- Perform other duties as assigned