Oversees and directs a team while leading example in all warehouse functions and activities. Involved daily with receiving of products into the facility, movement of product within the facility, and the picking and loading of product orders for shipping out of the facility; ensures that all policies and procedures are followed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Employee should be able to adhere to Vetta Brands Code of Conduct and Core Values
- Supervises all shipping, receiving, and packing room activities performed by warehouse crew; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees on warehouse floor throughout the shift.
- Establishes and maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
- Reviews, prioritizes, and organizes all orders to be picked and/or shipping during shift.
- Schedules equipment maintenance as required in breakdown situations.
- Manages all receiving and shipping office paper flow.
- Forecasts crewing needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team accordingly; trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines crew being supervised; resolves personnel issues.
- Coordinates with the warehouse supervisor to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, and training.
- Leads crew by example by loading trucks and/or performing other duties as necessary.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Oversees receiving personnel in the pick and pack of orders.
- Assists warehouse supervisor with development and implementation of policies and procedures; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by crew.
- Assists with inventory activities; supervises inventory control process including but not limited to check-in/check-out, settlement, and inventory reconciliation.
- Oversees the sanitation activities performed in the warehouse.
- Resolves warehouse-related issues with representatives from other department throughout the company.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for the crew.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Warehouse Team Personnel – could be specific team- based on the processes being performed (ie Lead – Receiving, Lead – Pic and Pack, Lead – Shipping)
Combination of Office and Plant Environment…
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse setting. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can vary, but below the required limits for hearing protection
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
No travel required for this position
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Warehouse experience with an apparel-related company
- Bilingual - Fluent in English and Spanish
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Strong inventory control skills and knowledge of inventory processes
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Forklift certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Programs (Excel and Access)
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals and at all organizational levels.
- Decision skills - the ability to make timely and effective decisions during high-intensity moments
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and pre-cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None for this position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
None for this position
EEO/ AAP/ Social Responsibility Statement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The company is committed to ensuring our products are produced in safe, humane, legal and fair working conditions. We are proud that both Top of the World and J America are part of a very select group of Participating Company affiliates with the Fair Labor Association (FLA), a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting worker's rights and improving working conditions in factories worldwide. Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) mission is to conduct business in an ethical manner, to promote and protect worker's rights worldwide and to help improve working conditions by partnering with our global supply chain. We require our suppliers to conduct business with the highest of standards and ethics, while respecting human rights and complying with local laws, by committing to our Workplace Code of Conduct and submitting to third party audits of their facilities. In partnership with our global supply chain, we continue to work towards creating positive change for apparel workers worldwide.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.