Join a full service CPA firm offering tax, audit, and business advisory services as an External Audit Manager.
As one of the ten largest public accounting firms in Austin and the largest locally headquartered firm, this company is able to provide an excellent opportunity for individual career development, competitive salary and benefit packages which include profit-sharing, flex-time options, bonuses, free parking and much more.
Notable attributes of the firm are as follows:
- Every other Friday off during the summer
- Busy seasons are only 50-55 hours
- Young leadership, 6-8 partners introduced in the past 8 years that have been with the firm less than 10 years
- Fun corporate culture-holiday parties, firm sponsored sports day in summer, marketing kick off meetings, Thanksgiving party, charitable events, dinner provided if you work late, jeans every Friday, tickets to the -Rodeo, social committees, and weekly happy hour
- 100% healthcare insurance covered
Location: Austin, TX
- Lead audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing the engagement while managing client deadline expectations, monitoring actual performance against budget; and continually communicating engagement status to the manager and partner.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the client and proactively work with the client’s management to gather necessary audit information, identify issues and make recommendations for business improvements and identify potential additional business opportunities.
- Supervise, train and mentor Audit Staff and Interns, including the detailed review of staff prepared workpapers and evaluate performances on client engagements.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of PCAOB and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Actively involved with business proposals, networking and recruiting opportunities.
- 5+ years of external audit experience at a CPA firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Must have CPA license
- Strong background in technical accounting of GAAP & GAAS