Sr IT Project Manager - Healthcare Applications
Top Prospect Group, Inc. Norwalk, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for managing multiple large, complex enterprise-wide projects and programs. The role is responsible for managing the execution of strategic and tactical projects as they pertain to the design, planning, testing, implementation, and integration in a rapidly evolving IT environment. This individual will utilize standard project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and adhere to customer expectations.
The Senior Project Managers will be responsible for achieving project objectives and overseeing quality control for Information Services projects throughout their entire life-cycle. Additionally, the Senior Project Managers will be active participants on the IS PMO, assisting with resource planning and ensuring the IS standard project methodologies are being followed throughout IS.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plans, manages and leads the development of complex projects including but not limited to: charters, scopes, goals, schedules, resource allocations, budget estimates, return-on-investment (ROI), risk management, training requirements, regulatory requirements, deliverables and other project related documentation.
- Responsible for on-time, on-budget delivery of assigned projects
- Documents and maintains a standard project management methodology which references the Project Management Institutes (PMI) guide to Project Management
- Works in conjunction with team members, stakeholders and vendors to anticipate and manage changes to projects in order to achieve stated goals of projects.
- Understands basic revenue models and cost-to-completion projections and aligns project decisions accordingly. Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins and utilization.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders. Established and manages project expectations and responsibilities. Holds the project team accountable.
- Recommends alternative solutions and streamlines current processes and improves efficiency through better utilization of application functionality.
- Ensures project turn-over documentation is completed and staff/users understand how to operate implemented system. Includes but not limited to: tables; files; ongoing maintenance procedures, backup/restore and disaster recovery.
- Provides great customer service to all departments. Investigates and resolves project problems in a timely manner in order to maintain project integrity.
- Acts as a champion for user departments as well as a liaison between the end user and the vendor.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science or related field of study.
- At least 10 years of project Management experience (8 years project in Healthcare).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred but not required
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Healthcare business processes and application knowledge necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery network
- Experience with healthcare information service vendors and the implementation/support of their software
- Managing vendors and their relevant products and services.
- Project Management experience in healthcare
Top Prospect Group, Inc.
Top Prospect Group founders and management team offer more than 25 years of experience in Information Technology and Creative Staffing. Our fundamental goal is to build successful relationships resulting in accurate job and prospect representations. Top Prospect Group meets with those we work with face-to-face to garner a better understanding of candidate or client requirements. By leveraging our experience and market insight, we are then able to provide a more consistent recruitment process.