Systems Administrator to maintain, support and expand the research and trading systems and infrastructure of the firm.
• Take a lead role in supporting and growing the firms IT infrastructure, including in-house and cloud based HPC environment, filesystems, network infrastructure, remote connectivity, IT security, document and email retention.
• Maintain and support all back-end in-house linux-based server systems as well as the cloud infrastructure:
• Setup and maintain various tools and services including, but not limited to, Apache, Docker, SSH, Sudo, Gitolite, uWSGI
• Support the firm's network infrastructure
• Firm-wide infrastructure and end user support for video conferencing,networking, remote access, VoIP, PC imaging, desktops, laptops, macs, printers and mobile devices
• Identify, evaluate and test new technologies appropriate for the firm.
• Take a supporting role in expanding and supporting the firms business continuity plan.
• Maintain and troubleshoot portfolio management report applications (bash scripting, python)
• Serve as the primary technical liaison with administrators, prime brokers, and technology vendors to ensure a stable, integrated and scalable environment.
• Manage technology vendor relationships.
• Monitor and analyze technology expenditures.
• College Degree in a technical discipline preferred
• 5+ years experience with Linux/Unix as a primary platform
• 5+ years experience in a mission-critical technical production support role
• Experience in configuration management and software application deployment tools such as Ansible
• Excellent command of Bash and Python as a scripting language
• Excellent understanding of IT security related protocols, tools and concepts.
• Ability to effectively communicate technology issues at various levels with executives, traders and 3rd
• party vendors and generate technical documentation
• Ability to prioritize critical tasks, while maintaining ongoing projects
Top Prospect Group, Inc.Top Prospect Group founders and management team offer more than 25 years of experience in Information Technology and Creative Staffing. Our fundamental goal is to build successful relationships resulting in accurate job and prospect representations. Top Prospect Group meets with those we work with face-to-face to garner a better understanding of candidate or client requirements. By leveraging our experience and market insight, we are then able to provide a more consistent recruitment process.