The IT Financial Analyst will have a primary focus in data analysis and interpretation, utilizing practice management system and other financial data sources. The position will analyze data and business operating metrics to identify trends for actual to budget variances and to create revenue analysis of potential new business. The position will work collaboratively with and have broad exposure to various Business Services areas as well as Accounting and IT departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Create decision models to assist senior executives with sizing and evaluating the potential Return on Investment of new business projects.
- Provide required analysis to understand fluctuations and current trends as well as providing insightful commentary and sensitivity models.
- Assist in analyzing reports to support negotiations of future contracts and renewals for various Insurance Carriers.
- Design, build, and calculate key metrics of each provider performance based on procedure category and modality as they compare to their respective departments as well as the industry standards.
- Prepare presentations and supporting analysis for monthly Board of Directors meeting including the reconciliation of actual revenue received against revenue posted in the practice management systems.
- Provide back up support to the Contract and Reports Analysts as needed.
- Prepare ad hoc reports, analyses and supportive data at the request of senior leaders.
- Open to various related functions and project work as assigned by Director.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business
- 3 or more years of experience in healthcare finance or related field
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel; including pivot tables, linked spreadsheets, lookup formulas, and charts; proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Insurance Contracting preferred
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision