As a Lead Construction Estimator, you will use your high-level expertise to help secure work with current and new clients, meeting or exceeding our strategic and financial objectives. You will be given the autonomy to lead and deliver contract proposal estimates, post-award purchase orders and subcontracts on a broad range of construction projects, with a high level of detail and analysis. The Lead Estimator will report directly to the CEO/President.
- Prepare detailed estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, schematic, CD, etc.) This includes determining labor, material and equipment costs for multiple disciplines. Calculate complete takeoff of scope of work and solicit pricing from qualified vendors and subcontractors.
- Actively perform pre-construction services with Clients, Owners and Engineers. Attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required contents for the estimate. Lead and manage multiple bid teams/ proposals at a time. You will also review proposal specifications and drawings utilizing the Company Bid Information System (BIS), as well as all other pertinent information to be submitted with the proposal.
- Research, negotiate and prepare purchase orders and subcontracts for awarded projects, including obtaining the necessary insurance requirements. Prepare internal job setup documentation.
- Participate in pre-job meeting with project management personnel.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant construction estimating experience in various general commercial building markets. Our typical project portfolio includes OSHPD, Aerospace, entertainment, private commercial, and energy industries.
- A Bachelor Degree is highly preferred, but not required. Degree in construction management, engineering or a related field is ideal, but we are willing to consider experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be confident leading estimates of varying sizes and delivery methods (competitive bid, conceptual, design-build, and negotiated). Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles. General familiarity of unit pricing for scope of work.
- Lead Estimator must have a strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities, and the passion to deliver high-quality work, often within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact and maintain rapport with subcontractors and vendors, work well in teams, and communicate effectively with operations and business development staff. Must be able to confidently present proposals and lead pricing discussions.
Top Notch Talent Management