Able to see the big picture & how all the small pieces add up to make that happen? Looking for someone that is serious about working with & for a local family owned & operated company.
This is not for the person who wants to see behind the desk all day but knows how to meet with the clients, get things processed & filed away, communicate with team & be able to schedule selves & jobs within company timeline.
Seeing big & small all at the same time as well as knowing your stuff is key here. It's like being Doctor Strange kinda & seeing all the different dimensions at once. This is who we are looking for!!
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Maintain the bid process, track bidders and ensure adequate coverage
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Work with Estimating team, Senior management, owners and subcontractors to get consensus regarding proposed bids
- Also assist the operations team with project setup, handoff, and management.
- Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project.
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors if necessary
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period
- Partner with other estimators to turn project over to Project management team
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits
- Advise on major changes in scope of work
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Search and analyze options for most effective means and methods of construction
- Understand best value approach to winning new work
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 3 to 5 years estimating or related experience
- 8 years related experience in leui of degree
- Minimum 2 years of Structures or Earthwork Estimating for heavy civil projects
- Construction Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- Previous experience in the field or in utility services
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Pass pre-employment drug screen
ONLY QUALIFIED applicants will receive interviews.
We focus on identifying and recruiting top talent for construction, clerical, customer service, manufacturing, and warehousing positions but work in a variety of industries. Our 4 recruiters have over 35 combined years of experience in matching candidates with clients.