Veterans- Do you have a desire to protect and serve your community?
Put your military experience to work in the civilian world!
Join our award-winning team in Hampton Roads – as a Security Officer!
Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider in the area. We are looking for qualified, capable and dedicated officers to fill full and part-time Security positions for Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, and the Peninsula. Great fit for veterans, or individuals with military, law enforcement, or security backgrounds.
Armed and Unarmed positions available.
Job Skills / Requirements
· Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times, maintaining company expectations for customer service
· Strong Communication Skills
· Customer Service Focus
· Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel as needed
· Positive Attitude
We will train you to obtain your Virginia DCJS Registration Card.
Great fit for veterans or individuals with a background in the military, law enforcement, or security.
If this sounds like your skill set and experience, APPLY NOW to join an award-winning Security Firm!
Duties and Responsibilities
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
· Protect clients and property, etc. from harm, theft, violence, damage or loss through appropriate control and handling of situations.
· Alert to any hazards which may cause fires, explosions or other catastrophes
· Respond to emergency conditions within assigned area
· Must be physically able to walk, stand and climb for up to 10-hour shifts
· Must be able to accurately and clearly write daily logs and incident reports: both hand written and computer
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Authorized to work in the United States
· Have High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Ability to verbally diffuse situations and effectively resolve issues
· Skill in observing and noticing unusual circumstances or items which would reasonably suggest a problem.
· Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and physical (at required sites)
· Reliable transportation
· Steady work history
· Ability to obtain DCJS Registration Card
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Paid Vacation
· Holiday Compensation
· Free Uniforms
· And More
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.