A globally well-established Japanese electronic components manufacturer is seeking a temp to hire Accounting Assistant (SCA #26141). Entry level welcome!
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Title: Accounting Assistant
Status: Full-Time, 1-3 months Temp to Hire
Work Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid vacations, holidays, and sick days, and other competitive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters, applies and posts daily cash receipts.
- Maintains bank accounts by monitoring transactions, balances and outstanding/pending amounts.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
- Reviews aging reports and collects Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for collections and ensures customers pay on time.
- Communicates with Supervisors and customers regarding past due balances.
- Processes any debit/credit AR adjustments in the system.
- Performs various Accounts Payable tasks such as reviewing, posting bills, communicating with vendors, preparing checks.
- Monitors and processes credit card payments and adjustments.
- Posts Accounts Payable and Receivable entries, answers inquiries and follows up.
- Calculates, examines, adjusts, reconciles, monitors advance and prepaid balances.
- Performs and processes Month-End and Year-End closing related tasks.
- Maintains accounting system, contacts and negotiates with system providers as needed.
- Cooperates with and supports Management with minor tasks required by external auditors to conduct annual year end audit, sales tax audit, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years accounting experience with general ledger and accounts reconciliation
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
Only qualified candidates will be contacted by TOP Los Angeles. Please submit your most updated resume.