Vice President, Operations
The Vice President of Operations holds operational responsibility for the performance and financial viability of local and regional facility service operations in the West Virginia market. This leader serves as a part of the company’s leadership team and holds budgetary and operational responsibilities for assigned departments along with the privilege and accountability of cultivating the talent within them. As the operational leader, the VP of Operations develops a culture that embraces continuous improvement, is client focused, conducts business in the highest ethical manner and promotes behavior designed to enable each member of the company the ability to achieve personal and professional satisfaction through their daily activities.
- Develop operational strategy and programs for Customer Support, Customer Management and Implementation for all service lines.
- Develop and maintain an Operations team that offers proactive and consultative partnerships to customers.
- Set the organization’s strategic growth path with regard to ongoing customer support, renewal and service plans, training and engagement for guaranteed customer satisfaction resulting in on-going recurring revenue.
- Responsible for complete P & L, establishing metrics, formulating and administering company policies, execution, managing organizational structure and process improvement.
- Assists the Business Development Manager and others with marketing and development of new business including establishing customer agreements, rates, contracts, and labor and equipment requirements.
- Collaborates with the Executive team to develop, recommend and implement strategies to optimize revenue and capture additional markets.
- Recruit, manage, coach, develop, mentor and regularly assess and review performance metrics for a team of direct reports composed of leadership and individual contributor roles.
- Enforces compliance with company and operational policies, procedures, training, safety rules, company standards, and local state and federal regulations.
- Works to maintain and improve current service and safety levels while maximizing operational efficiency.
- Works with the Director of Safety and Operations Managers to coordinate corporate safety, compliance, risk control and environmental policies and programs.
- Monitors operational expenses and develops programs to focus on cost efficiency. Works with managers and employees to analyze work requirements and work conditions to propose and implement changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Meets with managers on a regular basis to discuss and coordinate all activities related to customer satisfaction and retention in order to maintain the highest level of service to our customers while meeting productivity goals.
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Able to make sound business decisions based on relevant data.
- Creates and environment of high standards, compliance, and conduct
- Leads through change, influences team work.
- Able to network throughout all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership abilities and strategic thinking.
- Strong employee and client focus.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience leading operations in a facility, janitorial, construction or similar service-based and multi-site environment.
- 3+ years senior level management experience in a mobile leadership role with responsibility for a decentralized workforce and multiple customers
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or combination of experience and education.
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct.
- Builds a culture of work safety and lead by example with one’s own safe behavior.
- Ensures one’s own compliance with the Company’s published Operating Standards (professional, sales, Management and Execs only).
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism.
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it – champions change when improvements can be made.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Top Facilities Company