- Posted: over a month ago
Full Job Description
Top Docs is seeking qualified nurse practitioners or physician assistants to join our provider network as an independent contractor to perform general medical disability examinations for Veterans in the following location:
- Virginia Beach, VA
*Applicants must live within 50 miles of above specified city.
- Service – Provide a meaningful service for the men and women who have worn the cloth of our nation.
- Ease of Use – User-friendly software, a dedicated provider support system, up front training, expert report guidance, and automatic payments make it easier than ever to join.
- Diversify Your Income – Whether you're looking for an opportunity to earn significant additional income, grow your practice, pay down student debt or a mortgage, or add variety into your practice schedule
- Low Risk – There is no treatment or diagnosis
- Flexible Schedule - Maintain a healthy work-life balance with our flexible scheduling options.
Your Role as a Provider
As a clinician, you are an expert in the assessment and evaluation of health conditions for your patients. As an independent contractor with Top Docs, you apply your clinical expertise in the evaluation of medical conditions to support a Veteran's disability claim. As a certified medical disability examiner (gained through the training modules), you gather and synthesize clinical evidence through medical and military record review, diagnostic testing, interviews with Veterans, and face-to-face examinations. You develop a medical opinion of likelihood that the Veteran's condition is related to their military service. The timely and expert examination assures that a Veteran's claim is heard and dutifully processed by VBA.
Here is a typical workflow for a provider:
Exam Request Received >Testing and Exam Schedule > Provider Reviews Records > Veteran Exam Completion > Report Reviewed and Submitted to VBA
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- An active and unrestricted license in the state in which exams are performed.
- Graduate of an accredited program and board certification from ANCC or AANP
- An agreement for a collaborating or supervising physician, where applicable (can be provided if necessary)
- Two years of work experience as a Nurse Practitioner (5 years preferred)
- Must currently reside within 50 miles of specified city for the job location
- Competitive pay!
Top Docs partners with the Department of Veterans Affairs through various contracts to fulfill President Lincoln's promise “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's veterans.” Top Docs providers serve our Veterans by conducting disability exams for conditions that are a direct result of or aggravated by their time in the military, allowing them to obtain hard-earned benefits in service to our country.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time, Contract
- Flexible schedule
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Home Health
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Wound Care
- Private practice
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Is your Master's Degree from an accredited school?
- Do you have a supervising physician or are you willing to obtain, if required by your state? (PLEASE SPECIFY)
- Do you have a practice location within 50 miles of job location?
- Master's (Required)
- Nurse Practitioner: 2 years (Required)
- Nurse Practitioner License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
On-going need to fill this role
Top Docs, Inc
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
HealthcareView all jobs at Top Docs, Inc