Freelance Content Writer - Multiple Content Areas
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a paid freelance, remote position - so you can work on your own schedule from anywhere.
TopCultureList.com is a new entertainment and culture website launching in mid-September that covers a broad range of topics including shopping, entertainment, gaming, sports, culture, DIY, and other content.
Our editorial team is looking for eager writers to contribute content under the leadership of the Lead Editor. We will slot you into different content areas, but you may be able to write about topics in multiple areas if interested.
Content Areas (you will be able to focus on one or multiple)
- Gaming (must be interested in all forms of gaming including AAA games, MMORPG games, mobile games, console games, and the gaming industry, but no scriptwriting involved)
- Sports (must be interested in all major sports, not just one)
- Shopping (must be able to review item/product options for readers, provide recommendations, and understand their questions and answer them)
- Personal Finance (must have some interest and background in discussing all forms of personal finance)
- Entertainment (must have a variety of interests in pop culture including TV/Movies/Music/etc...)
Please note that this role does not involve any video production.
Above all else, we are looking for applicants with a passion for the types of content we cover. We pride ourselves on having a passion-first, experience-second approach to hiring writing talent. In your message to us, make sure to let us know how your knowledge, experience, and interests relate to a certain content area.
• Write a minimum of 5-10 articles per week in TCL's style (you will be given clear and easy-to-understand guidelines)
• This will include fact-checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
• Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
• Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team Requirements
• A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
• Quick learner with a strong sense of urgency
• Excellent command of the English language
• Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
• Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
• Understanding of what it means to write article content for an audience
• Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, blogs, other websites)
• Light Image editing
What Top Culture List has to offer:
• Open schedule - write as much as you like, whenever you like, from wherever you like!
• A great opportunity to write about what you love and get paid to do it
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and message will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of a particular content area in your message. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next step in the hiring process involves a short writing evaluation. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
Top Culture List
3145 Geary BoulevardRemote, OR
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Freelance Content Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.