ITAR Compliance Specialist
Top Aces Corp. Mesa, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Working for a U.S. DoD contractor, this role will team with our global logistics group to ensure compliance with all U.S. laws and regulations related to the company's import and export activities, customs, and international trade, and will be responsible for all aspects of export licensing. The successful candidate should have strong exposure to complex military platforms, appropriate credentials and/or memberships in professional societies, as applicable to Export, Import and International Arms Traffic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all export related activities under ITAR and EAR.
- Prepare and process export license applications and other documentation through BIS and DECCS license application systems and processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of ITAR and EAR.
- Verify Pack lists, proforma invoices, and prepare other related export documents as needed.
- Process AES filings through the ACE portal, when required.
- Provide export classifications (Schedule B, ECCN and USML) of hardware and related technical data/technology for export in accordance with US export laws and regulations.
- Assist Logistics Team with supplier relationships with freight forwarders, customs brokers, and trade related service providers.
- Ensure export compliance practices related to Denied Part Screening
- Assist the FSO/TCO in writing company-wide documentation, instructions, and procedures; specifically related to logistics and export processes.
- Troubleshooting and resolving various international trade compliance issues.
- Responsible for managing, preparing and organizing export documentation and ensure recordkeeping requirements in accordance with US export control laws and regulations.
- Assist the FSO/TCO with maintaining trade compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist the FSO/TCO with international trade compliance training and education through the company.
- Provide problem resolution and identify compliance gaps impacting internal and external customers while supporting development of process/knowledge improvement to mitigate/prevent potential regulatory penalties.
- Ensure the business is compliant with and acts as company liaison with a variety of governmental, regulatory agency, and corporate policies, including US Customs, US Commerce Department, US State Department, US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
- Well-versed with business process evaluation, documentation, compliance, and controls.
- Manage the aspects of importing or exporting parts and technical information in accordance with local, federal and foreign regulations governing export control of items intended for military contract services use.
- As applicable, also manage aspects of licensing the import and export of aircraft devices under license from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- As may be required, excellent working knowledge of firearms and munitions licensing regulations.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. Government export laws (ITAR, EARs, OFAC) is required.
- Familiarity with BATFE regulations is required.
- Ability to identify, research, and analyze trade and customs compliance issues relating to new and current products and services.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to influence across functions and interact with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational and work management skills required.
- Access to Export Control Information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Additional consideration may be granted for export professional certifications such as the ECoP Accreditation, the Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer, or the Certified ITAR Professional
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
- B.S. Degree in International Trade, Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Education or other related fields is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in customs compliance and practical application experience in US Export Control laws and regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Work primarily performed in an office.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
SPECIAL WORK CONDITIONS
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and may be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to be cleared for and to gain access to applicable classified information.
Top Aces Corp.
BusinessView all jobs at Top Aces Corp.