Top Aces Corp. Mesa, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Directs the day-to-day financial activities of the U.S. organization by performing the following duties personally or through other finance/accounting team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees posting and monthly closing of general ledger and prepares reports that accurately summarize and forecast Company business activities and financial position in areas of income, expenses, earnings and cash flows based on past, present, and expected operations and trends.
- Assists with preparation of budgets, budget proposals, and the necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Recommends modifications to existing accounting policies and corporate programs to improve operational or financial control. Advises management regarding desirable operational adjustments due to accounting or tax code revisions.
- Provides management with timely reviews of the organization's departmental financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Directs the management of fixed assets, including the capitalization of assets and the determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets. Is alert to insurance coverage issues with regard to protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Coordinates annual audits of company's accounts and preparation of reports to Shareholders.
- Prepares detailed financial and informational reports required by regulatory agencies and other non-financial users.
- Establishes, or recommends to management, corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the Company and various operating departments.
- Helps to establish and maintain relationships with financial institutions.
- Oversees finance or accounting staff, as applicable. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, as necessary.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, which may include working additional hours beyond a normal workweek to meet such deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferred experience working with RAMCO Accounting software, but related working experience with a similar accounting software/system could be considered.
- Ability to apply and logically evaluate advanced mathematical concepts, including frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variances, correlation of techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional and accounting journals, technical publications and government accounting regulations.
- Ability to implement new accounting principles.
- Must possess superior ability to write reports, business correspondence, internal communications and procedure manuals and to create monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports, statements and other financial worksheets or reports.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present written and oral information and respond to questions from the Company's managers, clients, customers and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CPA a plus
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree in accounting, finance or business administration required
- Minimum three years' experience working in a Corporate Controller or Accounting Manager role.
- At least 10 years' experience working in the accounting/finance arena.
- Must have strong experience performing/managing the accounting function under DCAA compliance guidelines, specifically familiar with tracking direct and indirect costs, labor and billing costs, timekeeping, etc., and in preparing accounting reports specific for DCAA audits.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly
SPECIAL WORK CONDITIONS:
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to be cleared for and to gain access to applicable classified information.
Top Aces Corp.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Top Aces Corp.