Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
- Posted: over a month ago
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Manassas, Virginia, Toomey Technologies is a SBA certified HUBZone & Woman Owned Small Business that provides customer focused professional services and solutions. Our aim is to leverage our knowledge and skills to work with our clients, offering professional and impartial advice.Job Description
The ISSO is responsible for maintaining and enforcing all Information System Security policies, standards, and directives to ensure assessment and authorization of information systems processing classified information.
- Work with Information Assurance Engineers and other cyber security personnel to identify, implement, assess, and manage cyber security capabilities and services
- Support remediation actions associated with findings from inspections and evaluations
- Support efforts to ensure that systems, networks, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to system security policies and procedures
- Support various compliance reports for dormant accounts, account configurations, active directory group policies, server configurations, etc
- Work with system engineers and administrators to develop corrective action plans from internal and external audits.
- Perform routine self-assessment audits to ensure compliance with agency and federal security requirements.
- Provide tracking, coordination, and reporting for required cyber security training activities.
- Review and develop system security plans and other required security documentation as required.
- Perform vulnerability assessment scans or interpret results of scans and track mitigation actions and progress of system engineers and administrators.
- Perform certification and accreditation activities as required to ensure assigned systems remain accredited and risk is managed to an acceptable level.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- 4+ years’ experience in similar roles within the DOD or Federal Government
- One of the following DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, CND, and SSCP
- The ISSO should have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills, customer relationship building skills, analytical skills and ability to lead/mentor teammates
- U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions
- Position is on-site with potential to telework 2 days a week.
- Toomey Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
TechnologyView all jobs at Toomey Technologies