- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Code Enforcement Officer
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Apply By 11:59 p.m. on December 12, 2022
The Tooele City Police Department's Ordinance Compliance Division performs a variety of duties in support of ordinance and nuisance enforcement initiatives aimed at keeping our community safe and appealing.
Some of your assignments will include:
- Support other ordinance compliance efforts by proactively patrolling for violations, taking photographs, and assisting the supervisor with investigation or follow-up efforts;
- Assist with other community services tasks as needed such as substitute crossing guard, assisting with traffic control initiatives such as at parades or other controlled events, finger printing, moving speed trailer, providing back-up coverage in the office;
- Supporting the department at community outreach or similar events; and
- Write reports and maintain records.
The work schedule for this position typically includes an 8 hour shift that can fluctuate between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. but varies by season and will include rotation from days to early evening during peak season. Animal control officers are also subject to after hour call-outs and are provided premium pay and 2 hour minimum pursuant to Tooele City's compensation.
This is a challenging but rewarding position where your ability to work with diverse people, retain a professional demeanor in varying situations, use verbal de-escalate techniques, balance competing interests, and exercise discretion are utilized.
This job is physical in nature, especially as it relates to animal control initiatives. You will work in both an office and outdoor environment with exposure to varying weather conditions.
A copy of the job description and work requirements is available from the human resource department.
Pre-employment drug screen required. Must possess and maintain a Utah Driver License and driving record acceptable to Tooele City's risk management and insurability standards. ADA/EEO Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Tooele City
Get fresh CODE Enforcement Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.