Seeking an excellent PACU RN for a Bethesda outpatient facility, day shift, fantastic hours! Must have PACU, ER or ICU experience to qualify.
1.Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
2.Assesses patients at intervals as stated in policies and procedures and as clinical status warrants*
3.Develops an individualized perioperative patient plan of care
4.Implements the plan of care
- protects the patient from injury caused by chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal sources and extraneous objects;
- performs accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items;
- performs interventions necessary to ensure that the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level;
- manages the patient’s specimens in the appropriate manner;
- communicates the patient’s current status to the appropriate parties throughout the continuum of care;
- administers medications safely and correctly;
- performs interventions to maintain optimal status of the patient’s respiratory, cardiovascular, genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, and neurological systems and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances ;
- performs interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative period;
- performs interventions to protect the patient from surgical site infection;
- assesses pain and performing appropriate interventions
- assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person and providing education commensurate with this assessment;
- actively involves the patient or designated support person in decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process;
- protects the patient’s rights, dignity, and privacy;
- provides compassionate, culturally and age-appropriate, ethical care within legal standards of practice; and
- provides consistent and comparable care regardless of the setting.
5.Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attaining outcomes*
6.Transfers care as appropriate providing appropriate hand off*
7.Delegates tasks as appropriate according to the state Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
8.Documents nursing care accurately, completely, and legibly*
9.Conducts preoperative phone calls to ensure patient readiness.
10.Conducts postoperative phone calls to assess clinical status and satisfaction with care.
11.Functions in a manner consistent with regulatory requirements including management of narcotics*
12.Demonstrates a commitment to patient safety.
13.Functions in a fiscally responsible manner
14.Acts as a patient advocate, protects their rights and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information
15.Treats all patients and family members with respect, dignity and compassion
16.Maintains a professional demeanor at all times
17.Collaborates effectively with other disciplines as appropriate
18.Uses problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members
19.Participates in quality review and performance improvement projects
20.Participates in the performance appraisal process
21.Maintains required competencies
22.Pursues professional growth
23.Other duties as assigned
Education/Licensure/Certification — Mandatory:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current registered nurse licensure in state of employment or compact state
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Basic computer skills
- Must have one of the following: ER, ICU or PACU experience with Pediatrics.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, potentially high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand and eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working under stressful conditions
- Working irregular hours
Hours = M-F (7ish-3:30ish). Excellent pay and benefits. $32-42 an hour
Please email resumes to be considered.