Chief of Staff
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tomorrow Health enables exceptional healthcare for patients and their families in the place they want to be most — home. At Tomorrow Heath, we build technology that rewires the way home-based care is ordered, delivered, and paid for. Tomorrow Health connects patients, providers, health plans, and home-based care suppliers, to ensure patients receive the correct and timely care they need to remain healthy at home.
We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. We hope you'll join us if you're passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to help people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment.
Tomorrow Health is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Obvious Ventures, Box Group, and Rainfall Ventures, and individuals including C-level executives from Flatiron Health, Quartet, Stripe, Massachusetts Medicaid, and the World Bank. The company's Advisory Board includes Trevor Fetter (former CEO of Tenet Healthcare), Roy Beveridge (former Chief Medical Officer of Humana), Phyllis Yale (Senior Advisor at Bain and Board Member of BCBS MA) and Eric Hargan (former Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services).THE ROLE
You will work directly with the CEO to manage and drive key strategic and operational initiatives. This will involve leading high-priority cross-functional projects while ensuring alignment and accountability across the leadership team and organization. This will involve collaborating with executives to design and implement processes that will enable our business to scale effectively, and serving as a liaison between the CEO and various internal and external stakeholders. You will serve as the "right hand" to the CEO in areas such as strategic and financial planning, goal setting, board, and investor updates, fundraising, and more.
In the first three months, the Chief of Staff will develop a strong understanding of the business objectives, how teams work, and the key internal and external stakeholders needed to accomplish goals. They will prepare quarterly Board materials and investor updates, as well as summary Board materials and takeaways designed for broader company-wide visibility. This person will also support the CEO for external engagements including business development meetings, conference presentations, investor dialogues, and recruitment of key hires and board members.
The Chief of Staff will be a thought partner to the CEO and executives in strategic and financial planning, goal-setting, and people and operational initiatives and directly lead a range of cross-functional efforts and strategic initiatives across the team. Over the course of the first year we expect that this person will independently identify needs across the organization and make recommendations to the CEO on which to prioritize and how to address these needs.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently delivers outcomes with little oversight, and leverages influence across the organization to garner support for these initiatives.
- A self-starter who is quick to translate ideas into phased action plans, set objectives, and see these objectives through to completion, either as an individual contributor or a manager.
- Exceptional at juggling competing priorities, particularly across a number of mission-critical, multifaceted, and ongoing initiatives.
- Employs best in class written, verbal and interpersonal skills to build buy-in from colleagues with diverse personalities and skill sets.
- Capable of developing and delivering compelling presentations, and running efficient and productive meetings internally and externally, regardless of format or audience.
Business Acumen & Analytical Skills
- Able to make sound decisions and demonstrate good business judgement when faced with ambiguity, and able to create clarity and structure for the team where there is none
- Highly analytical orientation along with a strategic mindset
- Able to "go deep" on an analytical challenge when necessary, but also understand when to apply the 80/20 rule to find a satisfactory solution.
- Embodiment of the Tomorrow Health values and consistently demonstrating integrity, empathy, character, and professionalism in all business dealings.
- Deep mission orientation and commitment to building a world-class operation to transform patients' healthcare journeys and lives.
- Excellent EQ, demonstrating self-reflection and self-awareness.
- Demonstrates a "whatever it takes" attitude to deliver desired outcomes, understanding that no task is too small to accomplish our mission and transform patients' lives.
- Feels responsibility and ownership over Tomorrow Health's success.
- Intellectually curious, hungry to learn, and motivated by challenges that are large and unfamiliar.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking, or investing, and/or demonstrated success in operations, growth, or strategy role for a high-growth start-up.
- Healthcare experience is not required, but a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem and alignment with the Tomorrow Health mission is critical.
- An MBA is preferred, but not required.
- Alignment with our mission that the future of healthcare can be significantly better and is driven by the opportunity we have in front of us to make it a reality.
- A proven track record of continual learning and improvement throughout your career.
- A focused approach to developing operational excellence and continuous goal of improvement.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision benefits
- HSA and FSA (Dependent Care and Commuter)
- Fully covered membership in One Medical for on-demand primary care, and Teladoc for 24/7 virtual care
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Free mental health support with BetterUp through CONCERN EAP
- Short-term, and long-term disability plan availability
- Company-sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and 13 national holidays
- Thoughtfully curated, social-impact focused monthly hosted events including learning sessions, wellness sessions, and social events
- Personal and professional anniversary gifts
- Annual company summit in NYC
- Investor network support
Learn more about our core values and working with us on our careers page!
Tomorrow Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Tomorrow Health
Get fresh Tomorrow Health jobs daily straight to your inbox!