Tommy Nobis Center Mission: Empowering People Through Employment
Vision: Tommy Nobis Center envisions supportive communities where people with disabilities are afforded the opportunity to work.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Nobis Enterprises Project Manager, Administrative Services, the Administrative Support Mailroom Services Clerk is responsible for non-personal administrative and mailroom support services. This position will be responsible for all or some of the following essential job functions and responsibilities based on the individual contract office needs.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
General Administrative Support:
- Receive telephone calls and/or visitors, and refer them to the appropriate person or office.
- Answer the phone by the third ring, correctly route callers, take messages or forward to voice mail as appropriate.
- Update reservations calendars based on data received.
- Make repair calls for facilities and equipment, coordinate with contract office personnel, and provide copies of maintenance documentation to staff in the Office of Administration.
- Distribute incoming mail; process outgoing mail and maintain mail metering equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Set up equipment required for video conferences and satellite training.
- Photocopy documents and other material in accordance with established office procedures.
- File all documents in a timely and accurate manner, and in accordance with established office procedures.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming faxes in accordance with established office procedures.
- Responsible for inventory control services for all office supplies which will be conducted in two phases utilizing the start-up and follow-on procedures.
- Start-up procedures involve the performance of all tasks required to put an office supply stockroom management program into operation.
- Follow-on procedures include the performance of all tasks required to receive, store, issue, order and maintain inventory accountability for office supplies.
- Will assist in the completion of the annual inventory and prepare the Annual Inventory Report which will be delivered to the Administrative Officer no later than December 31 each year.
- Also, will be responsible for maintaining items provided utilizing any other reports ( i.e.Custody Receipt for Government Property on Personal Charge).
- Start-up Procedures
- Prepare stockroom for inventory to include the following tasks:
- General cleanup, organization, etc of various items currently stored there.
- Prepare storage aids to include establishing bin locations.
- Inventory the existing stockroom.
- The government shall develop ordering and issuing procedures and will train on the correct issuing procedures for the stock.
- Develop an Excel Supply Inventory Form and a Supply Ordering Request Form.
- Maintain Supply Request form for end users. Populate inventory data into excel spreadsheet on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with Office of Field Administrative Resources designee concerning necessary changes to spreadsheet and make any modifications.
- Follow-on Procedures Receive requests at the stockroom for office supplies by email or in written form.
- Issue the requested item to the requestor.
- Maintain high and low limits on stocked item, to include Government forms, regulations and directives.
- Replenishment of these items shall be coordinated with the office designee at least 30 days in advance of depletion of available stock.
- Based on information obtained from contract office, must develop a list of selected 'never out' items, and insure those items are in stock at all times.
- Receive and inspect ordered items.
- Compare received quantity with ordered quantity and resolve any discrepancies with vendors.
- Report all unresolved issues to contract office designee.
- Place new received items in inventory (shelves and data base).
- Maintain monthly supply log report.
- Serve as point of contact for troubleshooting office equipment problems and coordinating maintenance/repair for equipment.
- Attempt to correct equipment performance problems before contacting outside sources for repairs.
- If unsuccessful in resolving the problems will contact vendor for repairs and problem resolution.
- FAX MACHINES: Checking and clearing paper jams Checking and replacing toner as needed.
- Checking for dial tone (phone line).
- Checking for program/setup errors by referring to operating manual.
- Contacting appropriate vendor for repair or service.
- COPY MACHINES:
- Checking for error message on display.
- Checking and clearing paper jams.
- Checking and replacing toner as needed.
- Checking for program errors by referring to operating manual.
- Contacts vendor if machine is under lease; have serial number, equipment ID and error code available.
- For equipment problems, contact the local service vendor.
- Notify Administrative Officer regarding the presence of any problems.
- Check and restock all copiers, fax machines and printers during the day.
- Through coordination with the local designee, set-up the local conference and training rooms as needed or on a case by case basis.
- Maintain and submit monthly copier usage log report.
- Incoming United States Postal Service (USPS) Mail.
- Although specific pickup and delivery points have been designated for certain services, the contract office retains the unilateral right to make changes, additions or deletions to locations upon a five workday notice.
- Separation of Mail by Organization Names, Titles, Program Areas and organizational Symbols.
- All mail shall initially be separated by organizational symbols and placed in the appropriate mail slot for pick up.
- NOTE: In the Fort Worth, TX accounting mail room the mail is opened (unless marked DO NOT OPEN) and, if clearly marked with an individual's name, goes into the appropriate individual's mail slot.
- If the item isn't marked by name, the mail is sorted by Division or Branch and placed into a consolidated Division or Branch mail slot.
- Incoming Express Mail and Federal Express.
- Express Mail and Federal Express contractors will deliver packages to the mailroom after they are x-rayed at the loading dock (for Federal Buildings only).
- Other Accountable Mail:
- (Registered, Certified, return receipt, Numbered and Insured. In order to ensure delivery during the same day of receipt, Registered, Certified, Return Receipt, Numbered and Insured Mail shall be sorted, logged and distributed in all the mail bins for the addressee to pick-up.
- All accountable mail shall be signed by recipient upon pick-up.
- If an unidentifiable piece of mail is opened and a check is enclosed, it must be delivered to the person(s) designated to receive checks.
- Mail received with insufficient address.
- All mail received without proper mailing address will be researched against the organizational directory and delivered within one working day of its receipt.
- Returned mail research service.
- Open and determine the delivery point of inaccurately addressed and damaged mail returned by USPS.
- Outgoing mail:
- Collect and meter all outgoing and other internal mail from the mail slot/bin located within the mailroom and deliver it to the United States Postal Service.
- USPS Mail:
- Responsible for managing the direct accountability system in a manner that assures minimum postage.
- USPS Delivery:
- USPS delivers mail daily to the mailroom after it has been x-rayed at the loading dock (x-raying only occurs in Federal Buildings).
- Special pickups and deliveries:
- Using available equipment and personnel, will provide special pickups and deliveries for incoming and outgoing mail and other materials as necessary including FedEx, UPS and or other delivery couriers.
- Distribution of documents:
- Distribute internal policies, procedures and other documents as required by contract office.
- Also, maintain an up-to-date list of room assignments and document distribution requirements, based on information provided by the office designee.
- Monthly Mail Handling Report:
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly report to the OFAR or Administrative designee no later than three (3) working days after the end of the each month consisting of the following
- (NOTE: Mail metering report should be used to monitor portions of this report):
- Total count of special mail (certified, registered, etc)
- Total count of incoming express mail. Total count of outgoing Federal Express Mail.
- Total count of outgoing mail.
- Dollar amounts expended in each category above
- Maintain adequate supply of Federal Express supplies (shipping labels, envelopes, containers, etc.).
Tommy Nobis Center offers a full package of benefits; some of which include, medical, dental, vision, 403(b) & life insurance. We offer a generous PTO and holiday schedule.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Windows XP, Word Excel and PowerPoint
- Must pass drug screen, Nobis Enterprises background check and National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI).
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Education: High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.