LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is more than just an island inspired brand, it's a lifestyle! Live the Island Life as an ambassador of our brand, representing the season's stylish trends. We look for those who are passionate about growth as we offer a variety of rewarding positions, from sales to management. You will play an important role in our store leadership, inspiring your team to work together to achieve our goals, create an environment of aloha fun, while exceeding guest expectations - taking them someplace great. Come join us, share knowledge on latest designs and provide guest with world class service!
SET THE COURSE
Responsible for all payroll functions related to a specific business group. Ensures that all pay checks for that group accurately reflect hours worked, wages, and deductions. Verifies accuracy of accruals related to federal, state, and local taxes and fees. Ensures that changes to payroll data are entered accurately and in a timely manner.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Gathers information necessary to process and transmit payroll bi-weekly.
- Information includes: W4 and direct deposit forms, Garnishments (5-10 per month) and 40-50 ongoing/month, Monthly retail Commission and Bonus information, Bi-annual restaurant Bonus and Annual Wholesale Bonus information, Annual Clothing Allowance imputed income and Bi-annual Uniform Allowance imputed income.
- Imputed Income as necessary.
- Retroactive pay and adjustments as needed.
- Manage Leave of Absence calculations, about 5 to 10 per pay period.
- Verifies hours worked, wages and deductions are accurately reflected.
- Transmits payroll on time.
- Processes new hire, transfers, terminations, and employee changes. Approximately 30-60 new hires/terminations each payroll period.
- Upon processing payroll verifies information is accurate using registers. Runs registers and sends out by location to 85 locations.
- Processes void and manual checks as needed. Approximately 30-60 per pay period.
- Processes severance checks as required.
- Reconciles un-cashed checks and follows state escheat laws.
- Process tips to minimum to ensure tipped employees are paid minimum wage.
- Manage ATO balances.
- Manage employee time in Kronos and run ADP/Kronos interface daily.
- Troubleshoot ADP and Kronos.
- Enters cash and tax wires into reconciliation spreadsheets for GL.
- Balances GL file each payroll to payroll reports and posts GL to Oxford.
- Runs reports for various business groups per pay period and as needed.
- Responsible for tracking employer and employee taxes.
- Processes garnishments any other legal documentation (timely and accurately).
- Maintains knowledge of multi-state payroll tax and labor laws to ensure timeliness in termination pay and ensure labor laws are followed.
- Communicates with business group in a timely manner and develops relationships with designated business group.
- Ensures list of current employees is up to date and accurate.
- Gathers information, creates, and distributes reports as requested.
- Prepares Fed Ex packages.
- Acts as back-up to fellow Payroll Specialists when they are absent or on vacation.
- Reconciles and processes relocation benefits.
Other projects as assigned.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- High school degree required
- BA preferred
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a payroll department
- Proficient communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to build relationships
- Proficient Math skills
- Experience using ADP Payforce and Kronos
- Word, Outlook
- Advanced Excel skills
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.