LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE Tommy Bahama is looking for creative, diverse, and energetic people to help us live the island life! Tommy Bahama has grown to include both men s and women s apparel, home and beach goods, and a thriving restaurant and bar business. Everything that bears the Tommy Bahama name is created with an unwavering eye towards quality.
More than ever, our focus is on taking our guests someplace great through exceptional service, upscale products, and delicious food and drinks. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, e-commerce and technology experts, manufacturing and operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. We would love to have you share your talents with us!
SET THE COURSE The Category Sourcing and Product Development Manager is responsible for partnering with Tommy Bahama Design, Technical Design, Fabric Development, Production, Merchants, Vendors and Suppliers to develop and execute product, negotiate cost, manage calendar timelines, support strategies and influence decisions regarding cost, margin, allocation, fabric positioning, inventory and quality for their respective category. BE THE ISLAND GUIDE Product_Development * Review all tech packs for product accuracy and clarity from design hand off through production before sending to vendors. * Collaborate with Manager to influence design and materials team in mill allocation and drive vendor placement strategy based on product intent, line plan and business needs * Collaborate with Manager to guide design and materials teams on price/ cost estimates and cost engineering recommendations with focus on engineered art and embroidery artwork.
* Manage sample development and tracking process from initial sample stage through salesman sample stage to ensure calendar deadlines are met through use of WIPs and tracking chart. * Manage all development approval process as it relates to fabric, mocks, wash submits, trims, embroideries, drums, shade lots and samples in collaboration with design * Manage daily cross functional and vendor facing communication related to product development, sourcing, costing and pre-production * Field all non-technical vendor/supplier inquiries as liaison to design, materials and production teams * Collaborate with tech design and troubleshoot construction, quality and development issues. * Create and manage development WIP to ensure team and vendor calendar deliverables are met through all development stages.
Costing/Strategy * Execute seasonal and annual sourcing and placement strategies as established by Manager/Director * Collaborate with Manager to establish style level FOB and fabric price targets to be shared with materials and design team based on category IMU targets * Provide initial recommendation for retail and wholesale prices to Manager through comp style analysis and price value relationship * Support Manager and track to fabric and product platform strategies such as greige commitments, short term and long term projections to negotiate cost, MOQ and flexible inventory plans with vendors and suppliers * Negotiate cost, lead-time and MOQ at style level direct with Vendors with Manager s approval. * Create, maintain and manage cost sheets at all times * Build out pre book list for styles with longer lead times and require special capacity planning * Lead costing meetings throughout milestone meetings and present cost options for margin improvement as necessary for assigned department/ class. * Support Manager with quantitative and analytical data from seasonal hindsight reports, costing tool and margin rolls for assigned dept/class to influence decision making at milestone meetings * Coordinate seasonal hand off to production team with final vendor allocation, cost, MOQ and lead times * Lead and conduct weekly conference calls with India vendors on all topics in conjunction with technical design and production * Maintain accurate and up to date data in critical areas including sourcing data into PLM for milestone meetings, merchant product data downloads and text files for Brand Launch line list.
* Meet with vendors to build relationships, better understand sourcing capabilities, resolve outstanding issues and explore sourcing innovation. May include travel. Other * Actively look for opportunities to improve and streamline processes to reduce costs and maximize profits * Support Manager/Director with other projects and duties as needed to help the overall business.
EssentialsForLifeInParadise * 4-year degree in fashion design, business or other related field. * Generally, 4+ years of experience in apparel/retail with focused experience in design, product development, sourcing or production related positions. * Experience with sweaters and yarn development a plus * Excellent understanding of product development, product costs, production lead times, speed to market strategies, assortment and fabric positioning.
* Strong MS Office, especially Excel. * Flex PLM experience preferred. * Blue Cherry experience a plus.
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral. * Ability to influence decisions with cross-functional teams. * Strong time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to work proactively and problem solve. * Strong negotiation skills. * Excellent analytical skills.
* Strong attention to detail. * Good judgement and decision-making ability. * Ability to multitask and work in high pace environment Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish . Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish .
Show moreShow less