LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is looking for creative, diverse, and energetic people to help us live the island life! Tommy Bahama has grown to include both men’s and women’s apparel, home and beach goods, and a thriving restaurant and bar business. Everything that bears the Tommy Bahama name is created with an unwavering eye towards quality. More than ever, our focus is on taking our guests someplace great — through exceptional service, upscale products, and delicious food and drinks. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, e-commerce and technology experts, manufacturing and operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. We would love to have you share your talents with us!
SET THE COURSE
The Associate Production Manager, under the direction of the Production Manager, is responsible for managing the pre-production and production process post Brand Launch with the goal to deliver garments on time and meeting Tommy Bahama’s high level of quality standards. The incumbent owns auditing and releasing final tech packs to vendors directly and ensure all details and components are clear. This role will lead the cross functional team through pre-production approvals by managing a detailed WIP and working cross-functionally to keep all approvals on track to start bulk production on time. The Associate Production manager will be a key liaison between material suppliers, garment factories, Tommy Bahama QC team and logistics.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
Systems Management and Order Placement:
- Issues POs direct to vendors and communication back to Demand Planning team for any updates.
- Works directly with vendors to manage final delivery confirmation and negotiate final cost based on PO volume.
- Works with vendors on any PO changes/adjustment as needed based on sales orders or inventory needs.
- Supports finance with invoice information related to bulk production purchase orders.
- Works direct with vendors to validate production lead-times and booking dates.
- Manages monthly booking process for long-term carryover styles in collaboration with planning team.
- Supports vendors with price ticket ordering through SML platform.
- Performs other duties and projects as required to help support the overall business.
Production Tracking and Approvals:
- Creates, manages and tracks Production WIP reports to manage pre-production approvals and support vendors shipping all product on time.
- Collaborates with internal cross-functional partners on Production WIP to ensure all work is finalized on time to support on time shipment.
- Oversees tracking and communication of delivery delays to internal cross functional partners.
- Collaborates with Asia QC team on scheduling, tracking and gathering all QC inspection reports.
- Partners with QC team on any potential production issues by recommending solutions, clarifying expectations, working with tech design/product development counterparts or creating a corrective action plan with vendors.
- Sets and communicates expectations by style of necessary garment testing requirements.
- Reviews, tracks and confirms all testing reports and requirements have been met by vendor before start of bulk production.
- Confirms final tech packs are complete before sending to vendor including proofing for accuracy.
- Generates final tech pack to send Vendor. Manages all communication and fields questions to ensure vendor has full clarity on final style details.
- Tracks and comments on all garment bulk approvals including: fabric, trim, garment wash, shade lots and drum approvals.
- Creates and maintains tracking chart to request/track and receive Approval, Pre-Production, TOP and Marketing samples.
- Approves bulk price tickets, UPC codes, labels, hangtags, poly bag, and cartons.
- Communicates daily directly with vendors on all bulk production orders.
- Supports onboarding of new vendors.
- Participates in weekly conference calls direct with vendors to discuss outstanding topics, track production, problem solve issues as needed.
- Collaborates with Product Development & Sourcing team on vendor assessments and seasonal capacity planning.
- Acts as liaison between garment vendor and material suppliers for bulk production issues or concerns.
- Flexible for other duties as needed to help support the overall business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- 4-year degree in fashion design, business or another related field.
- Generally, 4+ years of experience in retail with focused experience in product development, sourcing or production related positions.
- Excellent understanding of product development, product costs, production lead times.
- Strong MS Office, especially Excel. Excellent math skills
- Flex PLM experience preferred.
- Blue Cherry experience preferred.
- Production planning, forecasting, knowledge of the production process, lead-times, garment construction