We are in a search Property Accounting Manager to lead and manage a team of accounting associates as well as review, analyze and assist in the preparation of financial results for a portfolio of multi-family and commercial rental properties. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting knowledge and experience, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be able to manage multiple tasks, and have a desire to grow and develop the team.
· Ensure month-end close deadlines are met while ensuring accurate and timely preparation, review, and analysis of financial statements.
· Guide and review work completed by accounting associates for accuracy and completeness in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Responsible for understanding a variety of financial reports and the impact of the rental business on results of operations.
· Develop and maintain relationships with field office team members.
· Assist with external and internal audit requests (SOX Compliance, Internal Controls, annual financial statement audits, etc.).
· Participate in Company-provided training.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required.
· 5 years of experience in accounting and financial statement preparation is required. Property Accounting experience is preferred.
· 5+ years of supervisory experience is required.
· Intermediate Excel expertise required; Yardi experience a plus.
· Experience working with high volumes of data.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
· Ability to lead and develop a team.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities including the ability to identify and implement best practices that improve the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
· Ability to follow and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Ability to read and comprehend financial statements.