Administrative Assistant - Sales
- Paid Time Off , Retirement
At the Tom James Company, an Assistant supports our sales team members, store leaders, and key organizational leaders fulfilling our mission to be a global leader in the fashion industry. An Assistant is a valued member of the Tom James sales support team.
We currently have a part-time opening in our Baltimore, MD office for 20 hours a week. Our Assistant position pays $20 an hour and includes a monthly bonus opportunity. We offer PTO, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan. Regular onsite attendance required.
The Assistant supports our Baltimore store leader/sales professional by performing tasks such as tracking orders, entering sales leads, delivering customer service, and providing day-to-day support for client visits.
The Assistant also has the privilege of helping to build the Tom James business. The job responsibilities of an Assistant at Tom James are:
- Prepares necessary aspects for each day’s client visits
- Prepares clothing to be delivered
- Locates necessary client information (balance due, sales sheet)
- Updates sales materials to reflect current fabrics/options
- Coordinates and maintains all client orders/files
- Delivers client communication such as:
- Setting up appointments
- Communicating order status
- Scheduling deliveries
- Sending reminders
- Communicates regularly with sales professional and other members of the store team; meets regularly with sales professional for setting goals
- Supports the sales efforts of the sales professional by
- Managing daily calendar
- Organizing inventory
- Prospects new clients using internet and social media applications
- Enters referrals into our proprietary system
- Sends introductory and promotional messages
- Creates call lists/hot lists
- Delivers exceptional customer service while contacting factories, home office and clients
- Pursues efficiencies for processes and communication to make the sales process more efficient
- Picks up and delivers client items as needed
- Maintains a professional image to interface with corporate clients
A successful candidate fits the following criteria:
- Confident, independent worker
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written, plus listening skills)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Professional customer service skills
- Social media savviness (especially on LinkedIn & Instagram)
- Proficient using Google (Docs, Sheets, Forms) and Microsoft (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Possesses basic accounting skills (such as balancing accounts)
- Enjoys being flexible and multitasking
- Motivated to tackle challenges
- Yearns to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to bend and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license required (exception: larger metropolitan areas)
- Two years office-related experience is preferred.
Experience in a sales-oriented environment is a plus!
This organization participates in E-Verify and is an EEO Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Tom JamesBaltimore, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.