MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/FILE ROOM CLERK - CONTINGENT
- Expired: December 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a Contingent position, days & hours will vary based on the needs of the department.
Perform various clerical duties to support the operation of the Radiology Department.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Answering phones - courteously and professionally.
2. Scheduling appointments for walk-in radiology patients.
3. Verifying referrals and/or pre-certifications
4. Updating insurance information.
5. General radiology file room duties, such as disc burning, calling for prior exams from outside locations.
6. Taking messages accurately and relaying to appropriate personnel.
7. Collecting co-pays.
8. Preparing and/or submitting charge tickets.
9. Sorting, filing and scanning patient charts.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other healthcare professionals.
- Computer knowledge.
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- Adheres to clinic's policies and procedures.
- HS diploma or GED.
- Previous front desk experience in a physician office, clinic or hospital.
- Patient registration or admitting experience is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of health care terminology is highly desired.
- Familiarity with a Hospital, clinic, or physician office EMR system
HealthcareView all jobs at Toledo Clinic
Get fresh Part Time DESK Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.