Project Manager AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Toeroek Associates, Inc. (Toeroek) is currently seeking a part-time Project Manager to provide project management for a wide array of deliverables and tasks for the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ). Specifically, this position plans, conducts and supervises projects of major significance by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Toeroek is a growing business headquartered in Colorado that provides specialized support services to the Federal Government, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) efforts to enforce its environmental laws, such as CERCLA (Superfund), REPA, RCRA, SWDA, CAA, EPCRA, TSCA and FIFRA.
- Manages projects and project teams in potentially responsible party (PRP) research investigations and report preparation projects regarding hazardous waste sites, including identification of data sources such as federal, state and local agencies, public libraries, private archives, and map and aerial photography archives.
- Manages/coordinates online research and field research to obtain data pertinent to identifying PRP land and business ownership and occupancy, witness identification and interviews, historical operational practices, environmental regulatory compliance and hazardous material and waste handling and disposal practices.
- Schedules and assigns duties to staff research analysts based on evaluation of their knowledge of specific disciplines.
- Confers with project research analysts to formulate research plans, coordinate project activities, and establish reporting procedures.
- Prepares environmental research project feasibility and progress reports.
- Coordinates activities of research personnel conducting successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals and testing.
- Reviews technical aspects of project to assist staff and assess productivity of lines of research.
- Reviews project operations to ensure coordination of efforts and timely submission of reports.
- Conducts project meetings.
- Develops and maintains baseline budgets and schedules for assigned project and conducts budget tracking.
- Coordinates planning, testing, and operating phases to complete project.
- Attends project meetings with clients.
- Reviews pilot and final work product prior to client delivery.
- Acts as a client liaison on project execution, production and project status issues.
- Participates in marketing efforts with client to obtain additional project work and increase the scope of effort.
- Bachelor's of Science degree (B.S.) in the areas of geology, hydrogeology, hydrology, or earth sciences from four-year college or university; plus 10-15 years' experience in managing and administering contracts and projects; with demonstrated success in simultaneously managing multiple projects and supervising all levels of project personnel or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience or familiarity with working with the ADEQ on investigating Water Quality Assurance Revolving Fund Registry sites and/or the Underground Storage Tank sites;
- Direct experience in working with the ADEQ and the Arizona Attorney General's Office; and
- Experience working as a geologist or hydrologist on complex groundwater contamination sites in the State of Arizona.
Toeroek Associates, Inc., does not discriminate on the basis of any status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decision are based on job-related factors with or without reasonable accommodation.
Toeroek Associates, Inc.
AddressQueen Creek, AZ
ConstructionView all jobs at Toeroek Associates, Inc.